Fare options: Econo, Flex and Plus
WestJet offers three fare options: Econo, Flex and Plus. These options allow you to choose the features that are important to you. Your fare type determines the price, the seats you will be able to access, your baggage allowance and some fees. Learn more.
- WestJet has no minimum or maximum stay-over requirements. It's up to you how long you stay.
- Fares are quoted on a one-way basis, include taxes and fees collected by WestJet and are subject to change without notice.
- Our lowest fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. Some fares may only be available on certain days and times. Promotional fares may have additional fare rules (specified at the time of booking).
- All website fares are subject to change until payment has been completed.
- Reservations made on our website will be charged in either Canadian dollars, U.S. dollars, Euro or GBP, as determined by where your travel begins. For example, if you depart from Toronto, your flight cost and any fees will be charged in Canadian dollars. If you depart from a destination outside of Canada, your flight cost and any fees will be charged in U.S. dollars, Euro or GBP. Reservations made directly by calling WestJet will be charged in Canadian dollars - your financial institution may charge a conversion fee.
- We do not offer discounted fares for children, students, seniors or military personnel.
WestJet offers bereavement fares to those who have had a death in their immediate family and to guests travelling to funerals for firefighters, police officers, military personnel and emergency services personnel who have died in the line of duty.
- may only be booked by calling 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET);
- require some additional general information at the time of booking. We may call you if we need to know a little more;
- offer maximum flexibility with no fees. We encourage you to look for a lower price on our website before booking a bereavement fare, but please note that these fares will be subject to a change fee.
Changes and cancellations
Change and cancel policies vary depending on the fare you have purchased. Because we know that plans change, our fares allow you to change or cancel your flight(s) at no charge for 24 hours after booking (excluding flights departing within 24 hours of booking), and to change or cancel your flight(s) up to two hours before your scheduled time of departure (fees and/or difference in fare may apply). For details about our change and cancel fees, please visit service fees.
Changing your form of payment
If you have paid for your reservation using a credit card or payment card and you'd like to use your Travel Bank credit(s) instead, please call us at 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET) within 24 hours of making your reservation. Changing the form of payment after 24 hours from the time of booking is not possible.
Failure to show up for the first flight on a reservation, or failure to complete a round-trip or multi-segment reservation will result in all remaining segments being cancelled. All fares, fees, charges and taxes paid for the reservation will not be refunded or made available for future reservations.
WestJet Vacations package bookings
- WestJet Vacations package bookings must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance.
- Although there is generally no maximum stay requirement, some hotel properties may have a minimum stay requirement and pricing is based on the number of adults, children and infants travelling. The "Packages from" price displayed is the total package cost divided among all guests travelling, including children and infants.
- Prices are quoted in Canadian currency only, are subject to change without notice and may be subject to additional taxes, fees and surcharges.
- WestJet Vacations package bookings are available only for Canadian residents; some prices are limited or may have additional fare rules. If you are a resident of Quebec, please let your agent know to ensure accurate pricing.
- Our lowest price is limited and may not be available on all packages. Some packages may only be available on certain days and times or for specific locations.
- Promotional fares may have additional fare rules, specified at the time of booking.
- Payment in full at the time of booking is required. WestJet Vacations accepts American Express®, Discover® and Diners Club International® cards, MasterCard®, Visa®, and WestJet dollars for payment. WestJet credits and gift certificates are not accepted as payment.
WestJet Vacations does not offer bereavement fares.
Changes and cancellations
Changes must be done by WestJet Vacations during business hours.
- Changes will be accepted by WestJet Vacations until 21 days before departure; however, some suppliers may not accept changes.
- All changes are subject to a fee per guest plus any applicable supplier rates and charges.
- Name changes are not permitted, with the exception of name corrections.
- A change of property is treated as a cancellation, not as a change.
- We recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Changing your form of payment
You may request a change to your form of payment within 24 hours of the completion of your booking at no charge. Changes to the form of payment are not permitted after 24 hours.
Missed or unused flights or package components
Missed flights or unused package components are non-refundable and non-creditable.
Save on travel with the WestJet RBC® World Elite MasterCard‡
As a primary cardholder, you’ll enjoy a welcome bonus of 250 WestJet dollars, an annual round-trip companion voucher anywhere WestJet flies starting from $99 (plus taxes, fees and charges) and a free first checked bag on all WestJet flights.