WestJet has no minimum or maximum stay-over requirements. It's up to you how long you stay.
Fares are quoted on a one-way basis and are subject to change without notice.
Our lowest fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. Some fares may only be available on certain days and times.
WestJet offers three fare types: Econo, Flex and Plus. These fare types provide options for a range of travellers. The type of fare determines the price, the seats you will be able to access, your baggage allowance and some fees.
Econo Flex Plus All fees displayed are in CAD/USD and include approximate taxes. One complimentary checked bag†
Advanced seat selection -
$75-86.25 itinerary change fee plus applicable fare difference
$75-86.25 name change fee
$75-86.25 cancellation fee, balance refunded to travel bank
One complimentary checked bag†
Advanced seat selection -
$5-34.50, with access to emergency exit row(s).
Emergency exit row(s) includes advance boarding*
$50-57.50 itinerary change fee plus applicable fare difference
$50-57.50 name change fee
$50-57.50 cancellation fee, balance refunded to travel bank
Two complimentary checked bags†
Advanced complimentary seat selection, with access to first three rows/emergency exit row(s), which includes advance boarding†
No itinerary change fee plus applicable fare difference
Complimentary name change
$50-57.50 cancellation fee, balance refunded to original form of payment
Complimentary day-of-flight itinerary changes at the airport†
Priority security screening (as available by airport)^
For more information on the differences in our fare types, please see our service fees.
As seats are sold on the aircraft, the fare increases. We recommend you make your reservation as far in advance as possible.
Promotional fares may have additional fare rules (specified at the time of booking).
All website fares are subject to change until payment has been completed.
WestJet fares are charged in either Canadian or U.S. currency. For reservations made on our website, the currency will be determined by where your travel begins. For example, if you depart from Toronto, your flight cost and any fees will be charged in Canadian dollars. If you depart from a destination outside of Canada, your flight cost and any fees will be charged in U.S. dollars. All new reservations made through our call centre will be charged in Canadian dollars. Fees may be paid at airports within Mexico using Mexican pesos, Canadian dollars, or U.S. dollars.
Please visit taxes and fees for information on how your flight's total cost is calculated.
We do not offer discounted fares for children, students, seniors or military personnel.
Air-only bereavement fares
Bereavement fares must be booked through our Sales Super Centre at 1-800-581-9499. We will ask for some general information at the time of booking and may call you if we need to know a little more.
WestJet offers bereavement fares on all of our flights to those who have had a death in their immediate family. WestJet will offer a discount to a guest travelling to several types of funerals, including funerals of fallen firefighters, police officers, military personnel, and emergency services personnel, where the guest would not normally qualify for a bereavement fare.
Bereavement fares offer maximum flexibility with no fees. We encourage you to look for a lower price on our website prior to booking a bereavement fare, but please note that these fares will be subject to a change fee.
Air-only change and cancel policies
Change and cancel policies vary depending on the fare type you have purchased. Because we know that plans change, all of our fares allow you to change or cancel your WestJet flight(s) for the first 24 hours after booking, and to change or cancel your WestJet flight(s) up to two hours prior to your scheduled time of departure (fees and/or difference in fare may apply). For details about our change and cancel fees, please visit service fees.
Air-only changes to the form of payment
If you have paid for your reservation using a credit card or payment card and you'd like to use your travel bank credits instead, give us a call at 1-800-581-9499 within 24 hours of making your reservation. Unfortunately, changing the form of payment after 24 hours from the time of booking is not permitted.
Air-only no-show policy
Failure to show up for the first flight on a reservation, or failure to complete a round-trip or multi-segment reservation will result in all remaining segments being cancelled. All fares, fees, charges and taxes paid for the reservation will not be refunded or made available for future reservations.
- We require all WestJet Vacations package bookings to be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance.
- Although there is generally no maximum stay requirement, some hotel properties may have a minimum stay requirement.
- Pricing is based on the number of adults, children and infants travelling. Many hotels allow children and infants to stay for free when sharing existing bedding in a room with an adult. The total price will reflect the appropriate pricing based on the number of occupants and may be adjusted for the age of any children you have added to the reservation.
- When pricing a WestJet Vacations package with children and infants, offers such as "stay and/or eat free" are included in the total cost.
- The "Packages from" is the total package cost divided among all guests travelling, including children and infants. All package prices displayed on our website are subject to change until the purchase and approval of the reservation has been completed by WestJet Vacations.
- Prices are quoted in Canadian currency only, and are subject to change without notice and may be subject to additional taxes, fees and surcharges. Please see the cost of your flight for more details.
- WestJet Vacations package bookings are available only for Canadian residents. Please note: if you are travelling from Quebec, you must book through your travel agent.
- Our lowest price is limited and may not be available on all packages. Some packages may only be available on certain days and times or for specific locations.
- Promotional fares may have additional fare rules, specified at the time of booking.
- Payment in full at the time of booking is required. WestJet Vacations accepts American Express®, Visa®, MasterCard® and WestJet dollars for payment. WestJet credits and gift certificates are not accepted as payment.
WestJet Vacations bereavement fares
WestJet Vacations does not offer bereavement fares.
WestJet Vacations change and cancel policies
- Changes must be done by WestJet Vacations during business hours.
- Changes will be accepted by WestJet Vacations until 21 days prior to departure; however, some suppliers may not accept changes.
- All changes are subject to a fee per guest plus any applicable supplier rates and charges.
- Name changes are not permitted, with the exception of name corrections.
- A change of property is treated as a cancellation, not as a change.
WestJet Vacations changes to your form of payment
You may request a change to your form of payment within 24 hours of the completion of your booking at no charge. Changes to the form of payment are not permitted after 24 hours.
WestJet Vacations cancellation
- Cancellations must be done by calling WestJet Vacations during business hours.
- Cancellations outside of 21 days are subject to a fee per person, plus applicable supplier rates and charges, with the remainder of the package price refunded to the original credit cards.
- Cancellations within 21 days of departure will result in a full forfeit of the amount paid. We recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Missed or unused flights or package components
Missed flights or unused package components are non-refundable and non-creditable.
†Not applicable on flights operated by our airline partners.
^Priority security screening is available to guests purchasing a Plus fare type at select airports and varies by routing. Present your boarding pass at security to be directed to the priority lane.