For information on entrance restrictions and health and security advisories for international destinations, please visit travel.gc.ca.
Travel advisory – Ebola
To prevent the entry and spread of the Ebola virus, many countries have implemented travel restrictions, including:
- The United States, whose Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have implemented enhanced screening for Ebola and requires all travellers who have been in West Africa in the preceding 21 days to only arrive at one of the following five airports:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York
- Newark International Airport in New Jersey
- Chicago's O'Hare International Airport
- Dulles International Airport in Virginia
- Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
- Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Antigua and Barbuda who have introduced travel restrictions for persons who have travelled to many locations in West Africa within a specific period of time. For more information, please contact the consulate or embassy of the country you are travelling to.
For more information on the Ebola virus and Travel Health Notices on the Ebola outbreak, please consult the following Government of Canada website: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/diseases-conditions-maladies-affections/disease-maladie/ebola/index-eng.php
Phone scam alert
Telephone scammers are impersonating WestJet in an attempt to steal your personal information. WestJet does not use telemarketers or share guests' personal information. If you receive a call indicating that you've won "WestJet points/miles" or are a "preferred customer" please contact the RCMP Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website. For more information about possible scams related to WestJet, please visit our email and telephone scams page.