NOTE: XXXX in the National Safety Mark above will have either 213 or 213.1.
American manufactured systems:
The statements of compliance on the car seat must indicate:
- This child restraint system conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS); and
- This Restraint is Certified for Use in Motor Vehicles and Aircraft (in red lettering)
AmSafe child aviation restraint system "CARES™"
The child aviation restraint system "CARES™", manufactured by AmSafe, is a harness and buckle device that attaches directly to the aircraft seat. It may be used as an alternative to a car seat on the aircraft.
Conditions for acceptance:
- The car seat must bear a legible label that states:
- FAA APPROVED in accordance with 14 CFR 21.305(d), approved for aircraft use only
- PNR (part number) 4082-1-(X)-(X)
- The car seat must be used within the limitations specified by the manufacturer found on the device
- The guest responsible for the occupant must be familiar with:
- Manufacturer’s installation instructions and limitations for the device
- Method of securing and releasing the occupant from the device
- Procedures for evacuating the occupant secured in the device