WestJet is committed to the safety of all our guests and we respect the concerns of guests with severe allergies that may cause a person to experience significant physical distress if they are directly exposed to the allergen. Please understand that our aircraft is open to the public, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment.
Regardless of the type of allergen, we will make best efforts to help limit your exposure to allergens by:
- Grooming after each flight and regularly cleaning and sanitizing the aircraft. See how we clean.
- Equipping our aircraft with industry-leading air circulation systems containing a HEPA filter, which captures and filters 99.99% of all airborne particles.
- Allowing you to board the aircraft before other guests, provided you are at the gate during the pre-boarding process and before general boarding starts.
- Without identifying the allergic guest, advising guests sitting in the same bank of seats to refrain from consuming or using products that might cause an allergic reaction.
- Limiting the number of pets on each flight, except for service animals.
NOTE: Minors cannot travel unaccompanied if they have a severe allergy and are required to travel with epinephrine.