University of New Brunswick

  1. Home
  2. Destination Guide
  3. University of New Brunswick

Attractions

Since its founding in 1785, the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton has had four different names. In 1800, what was originally the Academy of Liberal Arts and Sciences became the College of New Brunswick, which in turn became King's College in 1827. The school's current moniker has been around since 1859 when the institution became non-sectarian and King's College, which had been affiliated with the Church of England, was reshaped. Today, the University of New Brunswick has two main campuses, and the original campus at Fredericton is home to two National Historic Sites: the Sir Howard Douglas Hall and the William Brydone Jack Observatory. Touring visitors will enjoy the Fredericton campus's striking red-brick buildings, verdant foliage, and hilltop location overlooking the Saint John River.

Location:  3 Bailey Drive