Castillo de Chapultepec

Castillo de Chapultepec

Attractions

Museums & Galleries

Castillo de Chapultepec was built between 1780 and 1790, constructed on top of an Aztec fortress with panoramic views of the city. The gardens surrounding the palace were designed by Empress Carlota during the French occupation and offer a beautiful stroll. It once served as the Colegio Militar (Military Academy) and was also the official presidential residence until 1939, when President Cárdenas converted the palace into the Museo Nacional de Historia. Restoration efforts have significantly enhanced the construction as well as the design of the interiors.

Location:  Avenida Grutas, Off Paseo de la Reforma

Business hours:  Tu-Su 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.