Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist

  1. Home
  2. Destination Guide
  3. Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist

Attractions

Practical Information

The magnificent Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist stands proudly near the western bank of the South Saskatchewan River in the heart of Saskatoon. A part of the Anglican Diocese of Saskatoon, this church was established in 1902. Reflecting Gothic Revival architecture, its red facade was created using Tyndall stone, Redcliff brick, and English terra cotta, which replaced the former wooden structure in 1917. The beautiful pipe organ in the church is a Casavant Frères two-manual organ that was installed in the early 1980s.

Location:  816 Spadina Crescent East