The following information is specific to cargo shipments.
Safety is our foremost value — please ensure your shipment does not contain restricted items or substances. Dangerous goods are articles or substances that are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment. The International Air Transport Association website provides a complete list of dangerous-goods regulations.
WestJet Cargo prohibits transportation of any type of dangerous good on board its aircrafts. Please find below a list of common dangerous good types and specific items.
- Air bag inflators
- Air bag modules
- Batteries (any type: lithium, dry cell, wet, etc.)
- Butane-powered hair curlers
- Butane refills
- Mobile phone or laptop with batteries
- Combustion engine (used or not)
- Dry ice (carbon dioxide, solid)
- Flammable solids and liquids
- Tools/equipment (fuel or battery powered)
- Fuel pump
- Kerosene lamps
- Lifesaving appliances (self-inflating)
- Mace/pepper spray
- Magnetized material
- Nuclear and radioactive substances
- Oxidizing substances
- Paint and paint products
- Poisonous/infectious substances
- Propane bottles
- Pyrotechnic materials
- Smoke detectors
Final decision for acceptance of an item for carriage will be taken at the moment of tender by the warehouse agent, as per Transport Canada rules and regulations. Safety is our top priority — under no circumstances will exceptions be made to the prohibition of dangerous goods transportation.