I miss the resort already , and I only left 48 hours ago !b
Jun 29, 2022
Despite having read many negatives reviews ( after booking my trip) , about the dreadful food, seaweed on the beach, lack of entertainment - I can honestly say that this resort is one of the best I've stayed in . The staff were attentive , and a special shout out MUST go to Debra in the coffee shop . Chris , the manager , was very hands on - and made us feel very special . The tropical gardens were beautiful , the breakfast buffet was top notch ( Kenny, you make the best omelettes ) , The food at The Buccaneers was amazing , but I preferred the setting of The Beach Grill . Both beaches were amazing . I hope to return , VERY soon
(Milton Keynes, United Kingdom)
Jun 26, 2022
Lovely stay here at the beginning of June for two weeks.
Staff were good namely: Charles, Richown, Terhon, Jordaine, Shadé, Juniah, Mauricia, Cassie-Ann, Debra, Egbert and all led by Chris and his team!
Pool party on Friday was a highlight.
An overall good trip
Jun 24, 2022
This trip was full of Positives and Negatives:
- Absolutely stunning main beach with lots of sun beds, towels and water sports - great views from the beach bar.
- Main pool area is huge and plenty of sun beds, also close to main bar.
- Rasta Beach (near the reception) made delicious spare ribs - we don’t eat beef, so requested pork ribs - the staff made an effort to accommodate this for us. They even bought it up to the beach bar - great service.
- The hotel grounds are huge, lovely and full of greenery. Great sports facilities too.
- Rasta Beach beach party was great fun with lots of food drink and music (not sure if this is a regular thing but it certainly should be)
- Buccaneers al la cart was delicious - the goat curry and chicken/coconut soup was the best I’ve had for a while.
- The coffee shop is a great idea and serves lovely hot/cold refreshing tea/coffee, although if there’s a queue be prepared to wait a while.
I have to say this first, as it’s a real bug bearer and guests need to be made aware - The hotel charge a $24 fee per day (which I only found out at check out - this was not mentioned anywhere prior) apparently this is for Covid cleaning but the rooms are only cleaned once every 2 days - this cost needs to either be transparent and up front or removed as i was shocked and felt scammed quite frankly.
- Maybe I’m being picky but It would be great if they had someone taking drinks orders around the pool area - we had a group of 10 and was a pain having to go up to the bar every time!
- Main Buffet (Seabreeze) breakfast selection could do with a few more pastry options and the Dinner time desserts could also have more variety. Generally the Buffett food was satisfactory but I would expect more from ‘4 star’ resort.
- The Verandah estate is massive so people with mobility issues will need to use the golf buggy - there were times where we waited a long time for a buggy and just ended up walking. This service needs to be more efficient given the size of resort.
- The hotel only provides 3 bottles of water on arrival and the rest must be purchased - we had to refill the bottles at the bar daily.
- We had two rooms next to each other. One of the rooms was refurbished and looked new, but our room looked outdated and the sofa bed was pretty uncomfortable - luckily my son is only 3 and didn’t have an issue but an adult would struggle.
- Rasta Beach sea weed smell can get overwhelming sometimes (smells like sewage) so prob requires some maintaining.
(Southampton, United Kingdom)
Jun 20, 2022
This was my 15th visit to Antigua and the Island is just beautiful. First time at the Verandah and booked on the back of friends booking to go there. What an absolute let down. Firstly the greeting on arrival was a matter of signing paperwork no welcome or even a welcome drink! The room was ok and clean. The main restaurant is like a school canteen where you have the most unbelievable rude and in customer friendly staff. They serve the food but in their time and as if the don’t want the job they are doing.. The owner Mr Barrett needs to train his staff in customer service and address the issues raised by many regarding the poor customer service and bad attitudes of staff. My husband ask kindly for wine with his meal and the member of staff slammed down the wine that slopped out the glass!! The quality of food was poor, Nicole’s is a joke and a waste of extra yes extra cost. We ate at the beach grill two nights it was ok. The beach is sadly too shallow to swim and sludgy with seaweed..
I honestly disliked being there and couldn’t wait to leave. In check out we were forced the $24 and not asked if we enjoyed our stay, did we have onward travel to the airport nothing!
I will make sure friends and family avoid this hotel and the chain in Antigua. Happy to discuss my comments with the owner but doubt he would be interested in that discussion based on the lack of customer service he provides his guests. Waste of Hard earned money but you live and learn.
Caribbean side for us next time and a nicer hotel that provides customer service.
Very relaxing hotel
Jun 16, 2022
We stayed in the verandah for 7 nights , our room was spotless, we ate in all restaurants food was of a good standard, staff are lovely, the coffee shop is a must the lovely lady Debra is so helpful, beach fabulous would recommend this hotel