My husband and I don't take many vacations because we are self employed working 7 days a week. Finally, we decided it was time and booked our vacation for a week to Cozumel. When we pulled up to the resort, I was blown away at the beauty of the grounds! I was in a jungle paradise. The check in was very easy and staff very friendly. Maria, the concierge greeted us and offered us a cold beverage while waiting to check in. She booked us for the restaurants offered at the resort and explained everything in detail about the property.
The Room: we had a Ocean View Suite and the view was spectacular! While the room is not fancy, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable with nice soft linens. We only stayed in our room to sleep and spent much of our time at the beach and pool.
Car Rental: It was very convenient and easy to rent a Jeep at the office as we did and spent the day exploring the Island and visited a coffee bar downtown called COZ Coffee. They are famous for their Peanut Butter Latte and oh boy is it good!
Snorkeling: The office booked us a snorkel cruise. The clear water, coral and vibrant fish blew my mind. It was like swimming in an aquarium. The cruise took us to (3) different places with the last ending in waist deep water with Sting Rays swimming around our feet.
I highly recommend this quiet and beautiful resort and plan to return soon!
And Maria, we owe you a jar of Peanut Butter to put in your coffee.
Relaxing yet fun if you want!
(Reading, United Kingdom)
Sep 22, 2023
Just got back from a great holiday in Cozumel.
The beach and pool areas were lovely, they were swapping the loungers for new ones in our last week and one of the pools had just been renovated when we first arrived. You can swap your pool towel for a fresh o E whenever you like.
The food was amazing, we tried the a la carte restaurants but decided we actually liked the buffet one best - even my husband, who doesn’t like buffets as a rule. Breakfasts were amazing! If you like chips (fries), the lunch ones by the beach are great, they have a faster turnaround than the ones at dinner.
The staff were all lovely, I’d like to give special thanks to Daniella and Fabian who were so great at providing entertainment to those who wanted. They really made this holiday amongst one of the best for me once I’d started joining in the activities (which I wouldn’t normally have done). I did daily aqua aerobics, had a really hot beach volleyball game, learned how to play ‘Corn Hole’, played Bingo, decorated a piñata, had a fun dance lesson and played various pool games. Thank you so much to both of you for making my holiday so much fun. Tip: let them talk you into giving the activities a go - it made my holiday!
A couple of bits of advice, bring lots of mosquito spray - they fog twice a day but you are right by the jungle! - and bring water shoes for the sea.
Snorkelling off the pier wasn’t as good as we were hoping but there are plenty of opportunities to pay extra to snorkel on the protected reef or to do some diving.
Still our go to resort on Cozumel.
Sep 19, 2023
It has been almost three years since I visited the Iberostar, my favorite place to stay in Cozumel. There have been some changes. I will start with the more positive changes:
1. They have eliminated plastic bottles and straws completely. I appreciate their management being eco friendly.
2. They no longer permit smoking in the main lobby.
3. There seems to be more security and less loud drunks at the pool bar.
4. They spray for mosquitos daily.
5. They have switched from having room keys to incorporating a chip into the resort wristband. This is much more convenient.
However, a few things have been changed that I don't consider to be positive:
1. They have eliminated the Steak house specialty restaurant, and changed it into a standard barbecue restaurant, and eliminated the fantastic salad bar.
2. They have allowed Coati mundis and raccoons to take over from the iguanas. Very cute, but I never worried about possible rabies infections from a lizard.
3. The maintenance and grounds keeping are not as good as they used to be. We had an electric door lock issue that never really got resolved until the third request. The same broken branches lay on the lawn for our entire stay. Granted, it was a holiday weekend, but it was not up to the former standard.
4. A petty thing, but they used to announce on a board at the main entrance a welcome back message to returning guests. This has been stopped.
It is still a fantastic resort, and we plan on returning on a regular basis. Change, good and bad, is inevitable, but this is still a wonderful place, and the staff and management are doing an excellent job.
(Sheffield, United Kingdom)
Sep 19, 2023
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! Location is fantastic and the surrounding area is breathtaking. The hotel is very comfortable and the quality of food is OUTSTANDING.
Although amazing, the hotel is not perfect. The main restaurant is open and gets quite hot. Also, it could be tricky to find an area with shade at the beach, unless you are an early raiser.
Best Quiet Resort
Sep 18, 2023
10/10 for quietness. Food was ...6.5/10. Basic but large variety. I wouldn't recommend the restaurants, they are just okay. Beach was great, I went during September so there was less people but during the busy season, I can see it being really hard to get a chair at the beach. Pool was great as well, I can see that being hard to get a chair during the busy season. Rooms were 7/10. Room bathrooms were 9/10. Service was 10/10. Bring mosquito repellent, you will get bit even if you do bring it but you will get bit less.