This is a very large hotel so has a convenience store, a cafe and restaurant and a Starbucks. A short bridge walk takes you directly into the large Ala Moana shopping center with multiple food and shopping options. I chose to stay here because my family lives nearby.
Beautiful hotel with pleasant staff
Jun 17, 2021
This hotel is really nice! I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express or a Best Western...occasionally a Marriott, so you know what standard I'm used to. This was nicer than them all - quite fancy for me! There are several gift shops, a slightly pricey restaurant on the very top floor (36th floor) that I didn't try, a Starbucks and amenities like laundry, valet and bell services.
What was less than perfect about the hotel were three things (not a big deal):
- the elevators were not working fine the day I arrived. In a bank of 6 elevators only 2 were working. A couple were working better the next couple days but there were actual lines of people waiting.
- 6th floor laundry had only 2 machines and one was out of order. Use the 13th floor laundry instead as there are a LOT of machines there.
- Hotel is so large and fancy it was kind of impersonal...again, not a big deal. I was given help when I needed it.
- The room was GREAT!!!! SO lovely and QUIET!!!!
- very nice pool area
- helpful check-in staff
- paid for an ocean view room and was actually given one too...happy I didn't get a "partial ocean view" like I've heard can happen at other places, so I didn't have to waste time or energy arguing with anyone or running around with my suitcases more than necessary. Great room, had a small porch with seating, great view.