This was my first stay at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka’anapali and we truly enjoyed every minute of it. All the staff we encountered were welcoming, warm, kind, and genuinely cared about making our stay as comfortable as it could be (valet, wait staff, pool staff, spa staff, maintenance and cleaning crew folks too). Our room came with Lanai access and I have to say this was one of my favorite places. The view, atmosphere, and wading pool made every moment up there feel like heaven. Todd at the Lanai desk was so gracious and kind, I’m going to miss his greetings! Cade was so helpful too, I loved hearing about his surfing adventures every day. I took advantage on the onesite spa and got a massage as well and it was heaven! My family also reserved a cabana (Hale Ali) and our attendant Sheena (I think that was her name…) was the sweetest, towels and water every time we needed them.
We also encountered Pineapple Mike from Maui Gold in the Lainai and he went above and beyond to engage with our very curious little guys. Every day he greeted us, offered ideas of fun things to do, loaned us fishing nets for snorkeling. He taught my son and whole family so much about pineapple, even answering our silly questions. We got a case of pineapple to take home to our friends stateside, which he prepared, packaged, and labeled for us so we could check them easily in the airplane.
The hotels itself was beautiful, they recently did some remodeling and all the touches were beautiful. We fed the coi fish on the new pond deck, and enjoyed the comfort seating everywhere on the property.
Daryl was so helpful at the front desk when checking out, even getting is stamps for our post cards. Thank you Westin Ka’anapali for making this a vacation we will always cherish and remember. We’ll be back!!!
Best Resort Ever !
Jun 27, 2022
We took our family of 12 here which included 6 kids from 8-14. They loved the pools and slide and surfed every day just down from the hotel. The restaurants on site were excellent and the service is too. We booked 4 ocean view rooms and they are definitely worth the price. I have to say the staff all over this resort were the friendliest and most helpful of any place we have ever stayed. The front desk staff had 2 incredible people ( Caroline and Wayne ) and they went out of their way to help us and all of our family members with numerous request. The assistant manager Karen was also super helpful. We decided next time we go to Hawaii we are going back to this Westin. Make dinner reservations in advance- a must
First Time to Hawaii
Jun 20, 2022
My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Hawaii. I booked the Westin mostly on points which saved me a lot of money as the hotel is pricey for a room, but I guess it is average for Maui prices.
The hotel is very nice, the grounds and pools are amazing, and it is in a great location on the beach with Whalers village right next door, so it is very easy to go out for dinner and do some shopping. The pools are outstanding, with many of them around the resort, as well as waterfall etc, they even have a pool that has a temperature around 90 (between the hot tub and regular pool temp wise) and it has a sand bottom in it.
The beach is very nice, the water is clear and not too rough, and you can walk up the beach a good distance. The water does get deep pretty quickly when you go in.
We just booked a standard room, there was nothing wrong with the room, it was big enough, and clean, just not overly special when you think of a room that costs $700+ per night. Aside from the cost I have no complaints about the room.
I found the staff at the hotel all friendly, we switched rooms a couple of times as we had screaming kids and babies next to us, they made that very easy to do and were friendly.
We rented a car and found it very easy to drive around the area, I would recommend that you rent a car.
Overall a very nice place that I would recommend to any of my friends and family and if I were to go back to Maui I would stay at this resort again.
Awesome Resort if you find the right peopl - from 10 months to 70 years old!
(Woodbury, New Jersey)
Jun 19, 2022
Aurora Crispin in concierge and Todd at the Lanai changed our entire experience. If you run into Dennis, Nate, or Saul and Jess at the bar or checkin, they are so friendly and knowledgeable. Aurora helped with out with Concierge services and she was really down to earth and interested in helping me plan for my family (11 of us!) I didn’t feel like I was being “sold” things with her like I did with the other older gentlemen working there.
The biggest thing about this resort is if you are having any issues, make sure you say something and are open to allowing them to correct the situation. Everyone is so friendly and the morning managers are awesome. I mentioned to one person one day that the water filter on the ground floor tasted different than the one on our floor and the next day they had it being serviced immediately.
Half the property is newly renovated as is the lobby and all the downstairs areas. There is a hula show on Saturday mornings and a Polynesian show on Sunday mornings in the lobby. If you’re like me and your kids probably don’t want to sit through a long show, this was a great way to get a free peek at island culture without paying $250 per person for luau.
- Try to get there early and leave late. Pack a swimsuit cover-up and flip-flops and sunscreen in your handbag and have them hold their luggage. You can spend the day at the resort waiting for your room. Also if you need to check out in the morning but your flight is not until the evening, they will give you a hospitality room to shower and change it before your flight if needed.
- There is a “movie theater room” that no one ever uses. It seats 10 people and you just log into your own Netflix account, But it was great for us one morning with all the kids were just exhausted.
- The game room is great and a great bribe/diversion for the kids from the pool if you need a sun break.
- Book your cabanas early! Be sure to cancel on time if you change your plans.
- Be sure to mention or email the manager about people who are exceptional on your trip! This helps the hotel keep great people and figure out best practices from the guests point of view!
- The bars have the best ice. Fill up your water bottles there.
- There are a ton of activities right at the hotel and at the beach if you find them and sign up for them on time. Recommended at the hotel and free if you sign up and get a spot on your first day : lei making, basket weaving, morning beachfront yoga….
If you’ve never been here before, make a note that this location is prime and since you’re paying so much for the hotel, you can do a lot without actually signing up for any other big activities.
- walk down to Black rock and snorkel or see the turtles. Beware of choppy conditions and ask locals if they know how the water is over there.
- Book the outrigger and go on a ride! They are so knowledgeable and helpful and made my three kids feel at ease. You’ll grow out pretty far into the ocean and even sometimes hit the sandbar where you can see tons of turtles all over.
- parasailing and Jetski rentals are right in the beach in front of the hotel
- Koi fish feeding, flamingos, and pictures with parrots! All right at the hotel!
- The kids club is $60 per kid for a few hours but the quality is great and they feed them lunch or meal too! Try to come by and that with your time at the adult pools or a dinner alone!
-Go to Safeway on your first day and get some snacks and milk to put in your mini fridge. The Safeway is 24 hours.
- The pools, slides, and beach, are right there all together.
- Take your own floaties and other things for the pool. They have an air pump at the pool cabana and it’s WAY cheaper on Amazon
-WHALERS VILLAGE and tons of great shopping and food are right next door!!! No need to rent a car!
- Friday nights, all of the Art galleries stay open in town down in Front Street. It’s lots of fun and a great late evening activity.
- Walk the beach path and check out all the other hotels’ restaurants and bars
- WATCH THE SUNSET EVERYDAY!
My biggest advise, if something is wrong or broken, let them know! It is a huge property, but there are some amazing people working here that are truly invested I. The guest experience. If the person you talk to isn’t helpful, try again! ??
Enjoy your time in Maui! It’s beautiful and you will not regret choosing this spot for vacation.
Jun 19, 2022
Fabulous, we stayed in the Hokuppa tower, ocean view, the amenities are fabulous, the lani beautiful and the morning bites were amazing, staff very friendly and helpful and courteous, the beach is beautiful The night time entertainment wonderful, loved everything about our stay..!!!