The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas in Maui offers hopeless romantics, adventure seekers and families endless possibilities to plan their Hawaiian getaway. Commanding the pristine North Ka'anapali Beach, the four diamond resort features upscale comforts of home with expansive resort amenities including pools, spa, restaurants, cultural activities and beachsport fun.
Enjoy complimentary shuttle to The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and The Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa, and to Lahaina Town.
Reciprocal pool privileges – Westin Nanea and Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas.
Inclusions subject to change without notice at the discretion of the property. Some restrictions may apply.
We've stayed here twice and it's a nice property, but it's not close to being worth the prices on their website. A few things to note....
The good: Nice common areas, pool area, great beach and location, excellent staff
The bad: The studios are for no more than 2 people. 4 people in a room with 1 bed and a poor quality pull out isn't right. The kitchen in the studio is a postage stamp sized. Shockingly noisy washer/dryer and dishwasher. To the point where you wonder if they deliberately bought the nosiest ones they could find. Rooms are a little dated, but not horribly so.
At over $500/night, it's a poor value. The hotel mentioned that they used to be able to upgrade to 1 bedroom rooms at the property, but Westin/Marriott has done away with that. Our prior visit a few years ago was better. Doubtful we will return here.
If you stay at a resort, it really should be better than 'average', but factoring all of the above in, I wouldn't rate it any higher.
Jul 21, 2021
We were lucky enough to be able to experience two hotels during our trip to Maui this July. The first was at Honua Kai for three days then off to the Westin Villas for the main seven day trip. It was very upsetting to go from an amazing stay at the previous hotel to the Westin- please when reading the reviews, believe them!
1. It took an hour to get checked into this hotel (with crying children in the car) only to find the studio lockout was ready and not the other room and family room. the remainder of our rooms were not ready to check in until 5:30 at night (check in is at 4).
2. I had previously asked for a crib probably 5 times to be ready in the room and once getting back into the room there was still no crib.
3. the lack of employees is very apparent.
4. The information given to us at check in for housekeeping services included: mid-week tidy( 3 days after arrival) after calling on the fourth day, we were told we only get a tidy up if staying for 14 days...
5. our "ocean front villa" would be considered by most to be partial since one balcony faced the neighboring wall for the most part...
6. certain restaurants are not open for dinner (aunties kitchen); Italian place is closed
7. Called a manager and left a message to express our frustrations and never got a call back.
Long story short-we were very excited to stay at a Westin but it left us sad that we didn't stay at Honua Kai. The company blames lack of service to "COVID times" but the hotel two doors down did not have the same problems (and the rooms are bigger and more updated!)