We had a upgraded studio room with a bedtime area and a lounge area with another tv, desk and couch. Very comfortable. Very clean. I also took advantage of the whirlpool being available for a 1/2 relaxing session. Overall great stay. We also had a nice breakfast both days of our stay as a perk of our Platinum status.
Convenient location and spacious rooms
Jan 25, 2021
We stayed at the Fairfield in for 3 nights. Here are some highlights and Pros and Cons to help you decide if you want to stay here.
• New hotel and rooms
• Convenient lo cation in Penticton to access downtown, the lake, and a quick drive to surrounding wineries. Penticton is pretty centrally located and so it is easier to take a day trip to Kelowna than if you stay in Osoyoos.
• Nice gym with spacing; enjoyed my cardio and strength training workouts
• Breakfast service was quick and friendly; we enjoyed the take-away bag that had a wrap and a few other snacks
• Service was friendly and quick; acknowledged our Titanium status with Marriott and offered late checkout at checkin.
• There is a mini-fridge, easy access to ice, and a microwave
• Free parking is included
• The rooms do not have balconies but you can sit outside by the breakfast area
• The rooms are not very soundproof and so you can hear noise in the hallwayand from other rooms
• This is more of a business style hotel and so if you are looking for a resort, you will be disappointed
Overall, we had a great stay at the Fairfield Inn Penticton and it met our expectations. We would stay again for a few nights.
Best Hotel in Penticton
Dec 10, 2020
I have stayed at the Marriott Penticton four times over the last couple of months. Every stay has been a wonderful experience, with staff who every time go above and beyond expectations to make sure that I am comfortable. Kudos for making this the best hotel experience possible! Thankyou , I’m looking forward to seeing you again!
Oct 22, 2020
We spent overnight on Thanksgiving Day long weekend and found Fairfield Inn in Penticton. It was newly open in summer so everything was tidy and beautiful.
We found disposable gloves and sanitizers upon arrival and staff were in masks. Also they were working hard and courteous. I really liked the free fruits left by the reception desk. Loved the big tv! Keurig coffee can be enjoyed in our rooms.
Swimming pools and gym were well maintained. Ev parking and bike racks are available. Outdoor dining tables are perfect for warm summer days. Staff served us coffee, tea and breakfast (came in a lunch bag). You can grab some juice or milk from separated coolers. My dad accidentally ate cold breakfast burrito without knowing it. It'd be nice putting a note onto our breakfast bags.
I've witnessed few customers complaining about overcharges. Aside from that Fairfield deserves 5 star experience.
Would Not Recommend
Sep 28, 2020
Would not recommend
Manager and front staff all running around with their heads cut off. No masks being worn by guest even when Marriott has a mandatory mask wearing policy in all North America. A few of the front desk staff were also not wearing masks. We were told to wait an hour for our room even though check in was at 3pm. They wanted to ensure the room was clean which during covid times we appreciate and aren’t going to be mad over it. The fact that after the hour wait we walked into a dirty, already used room from the guest before was unacceptable. We went back to the front desk and they seemed unbothered and got us another room. We asked them if they are taking cleaning and covid precautions seriously and they responded with Yes. The room they finally found for us had 2 queen beds when we requested a king. And it was on the 4th floor even though they knew we had a dog. To top it all off. The tv had no channels other than Netflix that you have to pay for. We are the type of people who disinfect our rooms once we arrive (pre covid) and the Lysol wipes were coming up grey and dirty. We understand the risks involved with Covid and if we are that concerned we should stay home. However, being a Marriott Rewards Member we stay in Marriott hotels almost every month and we have never had a problem until now.