We went for our honeymoon June of 2022! It was perfect! The rooms are beautiful with a raindrop shower that can be indoor/outdoor looking out your balcony. We stayed in building four on the top floor and had the best view of the peninsula and ocean! We saw lots of monkeys, iguanas, and a deer (which is rare) on the property! Everyone is very kind and helpful. If you want luxury and relaxation with beautiful views, this is the place to be.
1. Download WhatsApp. This is what everyone uses in Costa Rica.
2. No elevators, so if you have difficulty with walking this may not be the place for you. However, they do have a lot of golf carts to pick people up.
3. Check the season. We went at the end of June for 2 weeks and it rained nearly everyday (typically starting at 5-6pm). Wasn’t an issue for us because we got up early to enjoy the day! :) everything is green in June because it’s their wet season. Absolutely beautiful.
4. The tour excursions they offer (ie white water rafting) seem very expensive. We went through CostaRica Unique for our tours. It was about $125 per person full day tours.
5. If you want to see volcanos/hike/waterfalls etc it is further away (1.5hrs or so depending on if you go through a tour group or not can be less and can be much more) So be prepared to be in the car/van.
6. Bring lots of cash for tips. Especially if you’re not renting a car (which I don’t think you need).
7. There is an adult only breakfast area where you can get free mimosas and bloody Mary’s! Breakfast is delicious. Gallo pinto + plantains + eggs + chimichurri is soo good if you want to try something Costa Rican! There’s tons of options for breakfast (omelette, French toast, waffles, cereal etc)
Disappointing, Wanting More
(Raleigh, North Carolina)
Jul 04, 2022
We stayed here for in Mid-May three nights. Our expectations were high. However, almost instantly we felt let down. We arrived at the property to find a large construction project on going. We were told not to worry about the noise as what we heard now was as loud as it would get. Although it may not have gotten super loud, it was quite constant throughout the stay. Most luxury hotels we have stayed have offered a welcome drink upon arrival, here it was a bottle of water. This is when I should have realized that management/ownership is nickeling and diming you and left me for wanting a better arrival experience. Our room was basic and did not have the feel of a 5-star room. You could hear noise from the neighboring balconies as well. The bed was comfortable. However, the lights would seem to control themselves at night, several times they would turn on by themselves (they were not motion sensor controlled either, thankfully because that may been more concerning). There were other issues with the room which we complained and received a comped meal to remedy the issues, which was thoughtful. The mini fridge was stocked daily, with a charge of course. Again, my expectations of a high priced 5-star resort would include at least the beer as complimentary. The resort did offer guest gold cart rides when requested, we only requested upon departure, and it took nearly 20 minutes for someone to arrive. There were several restaurants which all were good, and we enjoyed our meals. They offered a shuttle to take you to the Four Seasons. My partner had been to this resort about 6 years earlier and had much better experience. If this was priced as a 3 or 4 star, I am sure I would have been more satisfied, but the 5-star rating elevated my expectations and left me wanting for more.
Jul 04, 2022
The rooms are beautiful ,quiet and very comfortable , the food is excellent in each restaurant option the staff is very friendly and work hard to make the guests feel comfortable, it is very pleasant to have such beautiful beach in front of the hotel ,for our transportation to the airport we book with Issys Tours ,where we also enjoyed an adventure in the Arenal volcano ,I highly recommend this company , they provide an incredible and efficient service. Likewise , I highly recommend this complex to families too ,they do an excellent job . we hope return soon !!
Jul 03, 2022
Made empanadas with Chef Edison.great instructor .fabulous experience and extremely accommodating! The staff here is amazing. Went paddle boarding with Maria.Her knowledge of the bay and the area was vast and interesting. Highly recommend.
Might be the best resort in the world!
Jun 30, 2022
Amazing place. Absolutely beautiful. The staff are all so incredibly nice and helpful. The food is delicious. And of course, it's the most beautiful place I've ever been to. I can't think of a single negative thing to say