Let’s celebrate the good visits rather than report the bad ones.
(South Shields, United Kingdom)
Sep 23, 2023
Every time it’s great (6th visit)
We were upgraded on arrival and given free parking as we mentioned we were visiting for our anniversary.
I’m gluten free and they arranged specific food for me that was waiting for me at breakfast each day. The kitchen staff got to know us as we were there for 2 weeks and they could not be more helpful.
My husband is always happy with the breakfast provided. Some people seem to moan with the choices but as someone who is gluten free. The multiple options for others seemed awesome.
Flavoured teas and coffees
The room was clean and tidy, the staff were lovely, and we loved that there was very few family’s there.
Just across the road is a CVS petrol station and a restaurant called Bone Fish. This is a great place to eat if you’re looking for healthier food options.
It doesn’t have a “vibe” as such. It seems that more of the locals visit. I would recommend sitting outside as its really pleasant. Also, you must try the Moscow Mule!
If you decide to stay on the property on an evening, there are some rocking chairs where you can relax and enjoy a cocktail or two. There are tvs that you can watch and food that you can order.
There’s a gym facility and laundry facility both of which we use. They’re always clean and tidy.
We absolutely recommend!!
This Time Around Disappointed
Aug 27, 2023
Stay here a year ago was great; badly worn rooms now. This time I regret booking here: hallway smelled like chemicals, breakfast very basic & blah, room subpar for a Marriott, underwhelming like a Laquinta, pillows flat, do not recommend!!
Jul 29, 2023
Our 4 year old insisted on sleeping on the sleeper sofa even though our 11 year old wouldn’t because it was worn out and uncomfortable. Lucky for her because the 4 year old had a bad case of bedbug bites . We took pics of the bites that were on her arm , face and torso . Brought the issue to the front desk manager. His response “ thank you, I’ll get housekeeping on it “ . Called Marriott corporate and complained to them . It’s been three weeks now and nothing has happened except a we’re sorry email from Marriott. The hotel itself has ignored the situation according to someone at corporate. They said the case was closed . Anyway, besides the bedbugs the hotel needs serious updating. The carpets are filthy. So if considering the Residence Inn at Seaworld choose another hotel. There are plenty in the area
Can't recommend this hotel.
Jun 19, 2023
The room was relatively clean and service friendly. However, the shower had a strange sewer like odor. Also, the breakfast was very bad, with runny-instant eggs, runny oatmeal, cardboard toast, tasteless waffles and no variety day to day. To make things worse, I checked out a day early due to business schedule changes, and they would not credit me for the unused night. I'm a platinum elite member, so I stay in a lot of Marriotts, and have never been charged for an unused night on a reservation before, after staying multiple nights.
May 2023 Stay with Family
May 30, 2023
We booked our reservation through Chase, due to having credit card points. The hotel setup was an excellent option for us because we traveled as a family of four (with 2 children under two) so we needed a separate bedroom to help with sleep. They offer a shuttle to SeaWorld, but we did not utilize it so I cannot review it. There is a pool and hot tub but we did not utilize.
- we were able to get a complimentary upgrade to a 1 bedroom two-bedroom which gave us more space.
- having a stovetop, microwave, and refrigerator was very helpful with having the two kids.
- we ordered a stroller through a local company and the hotel was able to save it for us as we arrived two days late due to flight cancellations and rescheduling.
-Location: we were 5 minutes from Seaworld and Universal and 15 from Disney.
Not so Good
- Breakfast - they are a well-organized machine, but the options are very limited from my breakfast experiences at Marriotts. There were scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, sausage, toast, bagels, yogurt, cereal, and oatmeal. Also coffee, juice, and water. I am used to having pastries, omelets, and gluten-free options, but not the case here
- we arrived at 11 pm and needed a pack-n-play and made them aware well beforehand but they stated they would be able to get us the pack-n-play when we arrive. It took them almost an hour to find and bring the pack-n-play to us. They did not help with setting it up and it was difficult to open, my husband got a cut from trying to get it to lock. No sheets were provided for it and thankfully we brought our own.
- there was a damp smell around the hotel and the carpets and sofas in the room were not as clean as I would have liked it. the towels we received for the pools had holes in them.
- parking is an extra $17 a day
I think the hotel is a good family hotel but cleanliness, breakfast options, and paying for parking are turn-offs.
If I go back to that area, I would like to try another Marriott property.