Very clean, beautiful pools, friendly staff. We especially enjoyed Vladimir, Elephante & Noelvis from the pool bar area. The food was good, we mostly ate at night at The Blue Water Grill. We felt very safe and well taken care of, we would most definitely consider returning.
Jul 04, 2022
I am here for a friend’s wedding. This hotel is awful. The bathroom in the room was dirty upon check-in. It took two calls and a visit to the front desk for the issue to be addressed and they still didn’t properly clean it.
Food is mediocre at best. No visible management anywhere. Employees are unprofessional. We got stuck on the elevator on building 7. Despite our report they did not fix it nor put a sign on it. Other families got stuck too.
Today at the buffet there was no protein offered. Just fish and my husband is allergic to it.
I heard from other wedding guests that their rooms had cleanliness issues and the hotel compensated them BUT they had to sign a waiver that they were not to post any negative reviews. Unbelievable.
Paradise was Amazing
Jul 04, 2022
There were 13 of us who went on vacation to Dreams Onyx. It was absolutely amazing! I want to give as much info as I can, so everyone understands how truly special this place is. Here is a quick summary of our stay;
1. Check-in was super easy. They take you right away to a smaller area for check-in and have drinks and snacks ready to go while you quickly check-in. We stayed in the water park area. Was so nice to be able to walk out of our room and directly into the water park pool area. (Which was the most amazing part and I'll get to shortly)
2. The room was nice and clean. Tip the maid and mini fridge people to get special services like extra snacks and a more prompt cleaning service.
3. The Water park pool was 10/10!!! The area itself was like a hidden Oasis where kids could float around the lazy river or play on all the slides. Best part of it was the people. Everyone was super friendly, but the staff was amazing. We talked with them and got to know them and they were unbelievable!!! Jomi, Felix, Junior, Moises and Juan made our trip. They were always attentive and friendly as can be. They truly were blessings while there. I highly recommend you spending your time at The Mix Bar with them and actually talk to them because they are a blast.
4. The food was great. We ate at every restaurant except the Mediterranean and loved it all. You need to go down to the bar by the restaurants around 530pm and visit Alberto(makes amazing drinks). When it gets close to 6 go to the door for your restaurant. We did not do preferred, so didn't make reservations. If you want to get it before 730/8, you need to go to the door early and get in line. If you are not there at 6, you will not eat until after 8pm or later. The hibachi was not very good. Fun experience, but food not amazing like other places.
5. Main pool was fun and entertaining. Volleyball net was up for fun and lots of people dancing and swimming. The bar tenders here not as personal as the ones at the water park pool. Right on the beach and fun atmosphere.
6. The beach is beautiful. However don't let people say the seaweed is not that bad. They do a great job trying to clean it, but it is bad. We had it in our pockets and all over us when in the water. It is breathtaking though how beautiful it is. Here is a huge tip...walk to the beach and turn left. Walk about 2 min to an area in the water where you see a white net in front of the main net in the water. Be careful walking out because it is calm here and little seaweed. There is actual coral here and water is only waist deep. Take bananas with you because if you get near the coral and throw pieces of banana in the water the fish will come right up and get it. It is amazing!!!!
7. Keep walking down to the left and go visit Tropical Treasure for a massage. Amazing $35 60 full body massage. Went multiple times and great experience with waves crashing under you while relaxing.
8. The shows are a blast. Go to the front around 845 to have fun dancing with the dj and watch the show at 930.
Overall this was an amazing experience!!! Our family
loved it and already miss paradise!!! Thank you to those special staff members Jomi, Felix, Junior, Moises and Juan again for making this a fun experience!!!!
One of the best family vacations we’ve experienced.
(West Deptford, New Jersey)
Jul 04, 2022
We were very impressed with the friendly staff. The grounds were beautiful. Pools were always clean. Food wasn’t bad for an all inclusive resort. Definitely worth bringing your family for vacation. We felt very safe at this resort. The beach was nice but the winds kept driving seaweed to the beach however, the hotel did their best to remove the seaweed. We were preferred members at this resort. We had an amazing experience thanks to our butler Angel and our servers Javier and Nelli who were the hardest working servers who kept our beverages constantly coming. Angel made all our reservations and answered all our questions promptly. Our pool man Henry was amazing as well by helping our group of 11 find seats everyday at the preferred pool. I would highly recommend using these happy people if your thinking of vacationing at this amazing resort.
The way to vacation
(Warwick, United Kingdom)
Jul 03, 2022
Staying at this resort was great! We had a room with a private pool, cabana and a butler (Nelson). Nelson made sure all our needs, wants and things we didn’t even know we wanted was taken care of. Always available and pops up when I just think about him. I can never go back to not having a butler. I hope when I return to this resort I can have him again.
The only reason I didn’t do 5 stars is the food at the resort was just ok. Also I would of thought that if I ordered room service or food from the pool or cabana I could over anything they have anything they have, not the case.
Overall the resort was so nice, clean and great service. I would return.