(San Diego, California)
Jan 25, 2023
It’s the only place we consider staying visiting Mexico/Cancun. The restaurants are good, pool great, staff excellent. The rooms need a bit TLC, just a minor thing. We go at least twice a year and have made friends there to hang out with and enjoy every minute.
A little piece of Heaven
Jan 23, 2023
I cannot say enough wonderful things about El Dorado Casitas; the grounds are beautiful, the food is AMAZING but truly what makes this place what it is are all of the wonderful staff who truly work tirelessly from daylight to dark going above and beyond. I wish I knew all the names of the housekeeping staff, the grounds staff, the pool cleaning/maintenance staff; all of these people who work SO INCREDIBLY HARD making this place what it truly is.
This was my 6th time at the Casitas and I miss it more every time I leave. I would like to shout out several staff specifically however like I said, truly so many of them deserve shout outs.
Ramon and Samy at Rincon for breakfast are PHENOMENAL! They are so attentive and if you go there more than once, they remember you and your order.
Manuel was our server our first night eating dinner at Kampi and he was WONDERFUL; the food was excellent however Manuel really worked his butt off and made it so enjoyable.
Ricardo at the Wine Kitchen was one of the best servers I have ever had when dining at the Wine Kitchen; he was so knowledgeable about the menu and truly made the experience memorable; our friends that went with us even commented on how much of an awesome server he was.
Pool Bartenders; Juan and Luis; they are AWESOME! So attentive and will make you anything you ask for and more.
Jonathon the pool bartender at block 29 last week was absolutely AMAZING! He was SO friendly and helpful and helped made our friends anniversary trip even more memorable.
Our server Memo at Fuentes was wonderful; Fuentes is truly an amazing experience and I will do it every time from now on; it's incredibly affordable for the meal that you get and our server Memo made it that much better.
The Casita Spa Employees are absolutely amazing; Jose and Araceli at check in are the absolute best; it is so nice to see Jose time and time again and he ALWAYS makes sure that everything is taken care of.
Armando at the Spa was also AMAZING and very attentive to all of our needs and wanted to make sure that the experience was truly top notch; he was a gem that I had never met before and I hope he continues to be there each time we return! He took wonderful care of me, my husband and our friends.
Norma and Luz were WONDERFUL with the spa services that they provided.
Finally, our concierge Yafeat was FANTASTICO!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about everything he did for us and truly went above and beyond; we were so BLESSED to have him as our concierge.
I would like to keep this little piece of Heaven a secret so it doesn't become overcrowded but that would be incredibly selfish of me. You will not regret a trip to the Casitas; it is my absolute favorite all inclusive resort.
The one "con" I can think of is the hot tub at the 26 block was down the entire week and from talking to others this happens quite frequently; it was particularly windy last week while we were there so it would have been nice to have been able to enjoy the hot tub while we were there.
The ROYALE Treatment at EL DORADO ROYALE CASITAS
(West Plains, Missouri)
Jan 23, 2023
Dale and I traveled to El Dorado Casitas Royale in late February, early March 2017. We stayed an amazing 11 days. We are frequent international travelers (minimum of 2x per year). I will compare this stay with that of Secrets, Excellence, Sandals and The Royal. I give the Casitas stay a 4 star.
First, a most gracious thank-you to Anthony (bartender), Jorge (concierge), Silverio (waiter at Italian Casitas), and Jose (waiter at Santa Fe for breakfast and Kampai at lunch). These four men made our trip spectacular! The only reason for the 4 stars is because of the one rude, unpleasant person we met at the resort~~Elizabeth (concierge); she . was one of two concierge in the 2900 block of casitas during the first part of our stay. I called her 2 times during our stay to make requests--1 request was made 45 minutes prior to a planned excursion requesting a shuttle at 8:55 a.m. She informed me that she would have a shuttle waiting outside our room at five till the hour. At ten till the hour we walked outside...tick tick tick tock...10 till no shuttle, 5 till no shuttle, 9 a.m. no shuttle. We walked to the concierge office where Elizabeth and Jorge were. We inquired...Elizabeth never made the arrangement for us, so we were late. I understand that not being the worst thing that could occur, however, excursions are scheduled and others really dont want held up. Our 2nd request was just as important, but it was never arranged either. I learned from that day forward, for pleasant discussions, needs, or wants, speak to Jorge. Jorge is very prompt, kind, nice, pleasant and excellent at his job. When we inquired how many years he had been at this resort, he shared with us 13 years. Elizabeth's reaction to him was the rolling of her eyes. I find this behavior very inappropriate. Concierge is definitely not her calling and I hope El Dorado Casitas Royale management makes a change.
The other negative mark I would give is that of the food. Steak (Ribeyes-T-Bone, etc) and lobster is not an option on the all-inclusive. It is available for an additional cost. This is the first all-inclusive resort I have been to that did not make it available. Steak medallions were offered and we're very good, but when we pay thousands to stay, I would like this option.
Now, for the PROS:
1. The Staff (-Elizabeth) was the best;
2. Alcoholic drinks were spectacular (hats off to Anthony);
4. Casitas-very clean, housekeeping was wonderful. We were in casita 2902; it was perfect. Spectacular view of ocean. Within 30 steps to a great bar! The swim-up bar and pool in the 2900 section is fantastic! Kampai is within 20 steps out the back door. Found towel sculptures each night and the fragrances sprayed at turn down are incredible;
5. Outside shower--OMG!! A MUST!! Incredible sunshine touching your skin while birds sing good-morning to you. An incredible way to start the morning;
6. Breakfast at Santa Fe is superb (sit in Jose's section);
7. Greenhouse Tour--I love gardening, however, this tour is not only about gardening, but learn why the mini-myan ruins (concrete blocks in the ocean) are there. Learn about the sea-turtles and why they have 3 men carrying guns protecting the property so you can have a perfect stay;
7. Pools-so many!! Find some for the party animal in you or for the quiet-relaxing person that just needs some zen time;
8. Recreation-Bicycles available-I felt like a young child again-what memories that brought back. Many activities available;
10. Lunch Jo-Jos, BBQ, Kampai and the Pizza Place were incredible for lunch. The pizza place offered burgers, chicken wings, nachos, pizza, salads, etc.;
11. Size of property-huge!! Shuttles are continuously on the run. We learned several days in, that the shuttles normally run on the back path (not too much on path next to the ocean).
12. Reservations for dinner-we found this was the way to go! Book for the week as soon as you arrive (we don't recommend Isla ***). We found the presentation at Fuentes was great but the food was just to "fancy" for us. We are not into Mole' and the other foods that accompanied it . We are very open to trying new foods, including fried ants, etc, but neither of us cared for this menu. Our favorite was Santa Fe and Italian Casitas.
13. Value of stay-absolutely worth every penny; comparable to Secrets and Excellence.
We have only returned to two resorts over the past 15 years. Not because we don't care for them, but because we have such a huge world to explore! This resort will be one that we will be coming back to and can't wait!!
El Dorado Casitas- Wonderful
Jan 22, 2023
This was our first time to visit. To say we were happy we came is an understatement. It was WONDERFUL! We relaxed, we were treated with such kindness from so many, the food and drinks yummy. We stayed in the 31’s with Carlos and Alexis as our butlers. They were so accommodating, helped us out when we needed advice, got us what we needed when asked and were just amazing and polite. It is because of this treatment we are planning our next trip and just cant wait!
Jan 22, 2023
We stayed at El Dorado Royal Casitas in a Swim Up Suite. It was absolutely beautiful! Great room, great service and amazing food. We will definitely go back. All of the staff go over the top to make you happy.