The employees of the hotel are really nice, the beach and the swimming pool are amazing! There are lots of restaurants to choose over there. The animation in the hotel during the day and during the night are quite entertaining!
Jul 04, 2022
Amazing discovery ! The service is great! People are very nice, they open and helpful ! the beach is amazing, i did a tour in a catamaran : such a beautiful experience ! I think I need to spend more time there ! I will definitely come back for sure ??!
Melia Las Americas
Jul 02, 2022
We visited Melia Las Americas in June and we had a great time. The beaches are beautiful and less than a two minute walk from the lobby. The hotel itself is very nice and clean.
Ana María at the buffet is the most kind person ever. She has a heart of gold. She always went out of her way for us and other guests. We will miss her.
Amex and Eliades were also great. So friendly and made sure our drinks were never empty!
The entertainment staff is amazing. During the day, Adrian and Jordy did a great job of leading different activities; from dancing to volleyball. In the evenings, Camilo was very social and always had a large crowd dancing with him. The entertainment staff would always ensure that everyone was having a good time. They made a big difference in our trip. It was so nice to meet such wonderful people as Camilo, Adrian and Jordy. We look forward to seeing them again.
Jul 01, 2022
Recently stayed at the Melia Las Americas at the end of May and early June.
This is my fourth stay at this Hotel in two years. Once again, I had an incredible vacation. The beach and ocean were incredible as usual. Stayed in the Level, which was amazing..Private area on the beach with beautiful Palapas, incredible infinity pool and swim up bar, and of course, incredible service. Breakfast and lunch outdoors on the beach at Lemoncello made for an incredible and memorable experience. Highly recommend a massage with Jose on the beach listening to the waves. Stress and tension melt away…Everything about the Melia Las Americas is top notch. The comfortable rooms with incredible ocean views, the restaurants and food, the amenities, and as usual, the extremely sincere and genuine and attentive service.
Thank you once again to Zahily in quality and customer care for always being so warm and welcoming, and making sure that my vacations are exceptional. Special mention to Karina and everyone in customer care, everyone at the Level, Manuel, the general manager, and all the incredible staff at the Melia who work so hard to ensure that everyone feels welcome and has an incredible vacation.
I will back hopefully very soon.
G from Canada
5 star Cuban resort! Don’t hesitate to book!
(St. John's, Canada)
Jun 26, 2022
My boyfriend and I just finished our first vacation together to Varadero Cuba. I was very nervous traveling to Cuba because I often heard the food was bad, resorts were run down and that a typical 5 star Cuban resort is like an American 3 star. Booking our vacation at Melia Las America’s was also nerve racking because although there are some great reviews on the resort, there was a few very awful ones. Let’s just start with this - Melia Las Americas is not portrayed accurately online because it was WAY more luxurious and beautiful than any video or picture online displayed. I was delightfully surprised how clean and modern the resort was. I don’t possibly know how anyone could give this resort 1-3 stars because our vacation was PERFECT.
Service was exceptional. The staff was friendly, prompt and focused. Special shout out to some staff that went above and beyond:
1. Jorge and fellow staff at the level bar. Always making sure our drinks were never empty and answered all our questions about Cuba.
2. Daniel who helped us with our baggage at the front and became a great friend who provided us with exceptional service every time he seen us. Hands down one of the friendliest staff at the resort.
3. Eliades and staff at the snack bar who served us our coffee every morning. Friendly, pleasant and always ready to serve us.
4. Niuvis and staff at the lobby bar who always greeted us with a smile.
5. Rosa Ana (I hope I have her name right) at the front desk who welcomed us to the resort and checked us in. Very friendly!!!
Food was something I was nervous about and honestly expected the worst. Melia Las Americas did their best to provide as much variation as possible and some food selections were delightfully tasteful. I was expecting their food to be very bland but considering this country is suffering and going through a very hard time post pandemic - I think the food was great considering. I was never hungry and always found something to eat. My boyfriend however thoroughly enjoyed just about every meal as there was always fresh seafood and fruit. We both thought the buffet and snack/level bar were the best places to get food on this resort.
Honest restaurant review:
1. Arcada was not good and was our least favourite place to eat. Portions were small, soup tasted bland and the main menu was basically just glorified buffet food. There was not a wide selection on the menu. Although the food wasn’t great the service was still exceptional. One positive thing about this resort is that we never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for our food and our drink were almost immediately refilled.
2. The Japanese restaurant was beautiful! Sushi wasn’t our taste but the main meal that was prepared in front of us was amazing and tasty. Again, great service and experience.
3. The buffet was best served early. Get there before the crowd because later in the day the food does get cold and picked over (can be expected by most buffets). Service does also become a little slower but it wasn’t very often we went at busy times. Dessert offered at the buffet was extremely slim. The only desserts they served was ice cream, cake and fruit. Again, this does not affect our experience because the ice cream tasted amazing and satisfied my sweet tooth. For breakfast they served mini muffins, donuts and croissants that were to DIE for. Chefs that prepared the meats, pastas and omelettes were prompt and friendly. Again, just remember this is a hurting country so food availability is scarce and considering this I think this resort did AMAZING. If you’re staying any longer than a week the food does get repetitive but this wasn’t an issue for us because we were here for just 6 days.
We originally booked a classic room on level 2 in the main building. We inquired about upgrading to the level. We weren’t going to because we did not think we were going to spend much time in the room but WOW!!! I’m so glad we upgraded. We had a villa all to ourselves. The level upgrade was much worth it just for the renovated rooms. I’ve heard many things about the standard rooms - being that they are run down and outdated. We walked about in the hallways and you can tell they need to be upgraded and the lower level rooms do have an awful smell. However, with our level upgrade, we had a private entrance outdoors with a backyard patio that lead to our private beach access. We had a king sized bed, very large shower with rain head, double sink vanity and a living room/lounge area with a stocked (4 drink + water) mini fridge which was refilled everyday. We also had access to the level pool with the swim up bar which we spent a significant amount of time in. If you are on the fence about upgrading you can 100% still have a great vacation without - but if a nice, clean, modern and LUXURIOUS room is what you’re looking for, you won’t regret this upgrade.
Overall, this resort is excellent for couples and solo travellers. One of my favourite things about this resort is that it’s an ADULTS ONLY resort - It’s quite and relaxing. I do not like to party so I was trying to avoid crowds and loud people. This resort provided a tranquil environments but also friendly and inviting to small private conversation with like minded people. Because this resort wasn’t a ‘party resort’ entertainment was slim. However, every night there was amazing local talent that ranged from group/solo singing and much live music such as piano, acoustic, flute, etc…. It was the perfect blend of Cuban culture and modern music. If you’re looking to get crazy drunk, party and club this resort is NOT for you.
1. Access to the most beautiful beach. Very clean and no seaweed.
2. Bars are everywhere. Quick service.
3. Plenty of beach chairs by all pools and beach. Beach chairs at level pool are exceptionally comfortable.
4. Very clean and mostly modernized (especially level villas)
5. Fast service everywhere! Resort at this time was slow. So maybe I’m bias saying this
6. Air conditioners worked very well in rooms
7. Stunning landscaping (major shoutout to the hardworking gardeners)
8. Well equipped gym. Was very busy. Enough equipment to get a good pump
9. Great local talent played nightly - set a nice environment
10. Unreal golf course
11. Friendly staff
12. Good music and DJ
13. Relaxing and tranquil environment - pro if this is what you’re booking for
14. Adults only (pro in my opinion)
15. Very safe - staff seem trustworthy
16. Walking distance from mall which has anything you need in case you lose your baggage
17. Coffee and espresso is good
18. International plug ins!!!!!
Cons and things to note:
1. Smoking permitted in lobby outdoor porch. I guess this is a pro if you smoke but I hate smoking so I consider this a con because we spent a lot of time here.
2. Swim up bar is included only for upgraded level guests. This is only a con if you don’t upgrade. A pro for me because this was a nice quite area and made for great bar and food service.
3. Wifi is spotty. You have to re-connect every time you want to use it and it can be very slow. But I was still able to manage to upload images and iMessage family. I used this time to spend time off my phone. So not a huge issue for me.
4. Beds are very hard but still got a good nights sleep because I’m a heavy sleeper.
5. Only one pool was opened (aside from level pool). I was content with the level pool, never spent much time in the main one and probably wouldn’t have spent time in the other one even if it was opened so not an issue for me.
6. Not all restaurants were opened. Not sure why but was unfortunate that we paid full price and never got to experience all they had to offer - especially because I am a foody. Buffet selection was fair considering its Cuba.
7. Major mosquito problem and sand fleas - do not go without bug spray! (My own fault for not bringing any). There was a plane that drove by every morning so they are actively doing what they can do cut down on the mosquitos.
8. Entertainment team lacked (again, wasn’t an issue for me because I wouldn’t have participated anyways). Local live music was good for me.
9. Rooms need to be renovated in main building. Hallways (and I assume the rooms) smell musky. Again; not an issue for me because we upgraded.
10. Poor selection of liquor (assuming this is just because of Cuba’s situation) Drinks are still mixed strong and you should still be able to find something you enjoy. I’m not a huge drinker so this wasn’t an issue for me.
*note: do not let any of these cons defer you from visiting this resort - some stuff just to expect at this time of year post pandemic. None of these things even came close to ruining our vacation and were all tolerable. I still HIGHLY recommend this resort. Driving by other resorts this one definitely seemed like one of the best resorts in Varadero!