first time at this resort ,,,and we will be returning...amazing hardworking staff...amazing food...short walk to the beach and activities...nice clean rooms ..we took my sister and brother in law and they want to return again also...even going out of resort is so safe and everyone so friendly ...I don't get it when people complain...treat staff with utmost respect and graciousness and you get it back....loved showering staff with Canadian gifts...wishing all are safe during these tough times
Aug 12, 2020
This was our first time in Cuba, so we didn’t have very high expectations, but we were pleasantly surprised! We would definitely recommend this resort.
- The staff was always available, very friendly and helpful;
- Plenty of choice/variety of food & drinks (I’m a bit of a picky eater and I never struggled to find something I enjoyed);
- Round-the-clock (or almost) bars/restaurants;
- VERY clean, well-maintained beach (we walked along the beach and other resorts honestly could not compete with how clean our beachfront was!);
- Inexpensive Wifi available;
- Staff will speak Spanish if you engage with them in Spanish, but otherwise will default to English. Another point on language is that they are multilingual - we heard staff speak Spanish, English, Russian, Polish, German, French, etc.
- We were there for Christmas, and the celebration was honestly amazing! Santa parachuted onto the beach, they had a beachside bbq going with a band, etc. (Christmas eve was also quite the party!);
- You have access to absolutely everything right up until you leave, even after checking out.
Cons (keep in mind that we don’t consider these to be major inconveniences, they’re just little things that we think are good to make note of):
- A/C in the room was a little iffy - it was either freezing cold or off, it was very difficult to find the "sweet spot";
- While inexpensive, Wifi is only available in the lobby area;
- While very friendly & helpful, staff will try selling you all sorts of things, ranging from local currency (which is illegal to leave the country with) to exclusive "uncertified" tours & transportation and cigars. Some staff will also encourage you to leave things behind (one person asked us for our flip flops). While a bit awkward at times, this wasn’t exactly surprising to us considering that they probably don’t get paid very much;
- The spa section was small and uninviting. For an adults-only resort, we were expecting a little more than a single massage table in a small (and somewhat sketchy) room next to an empty whirlpool... We wanted to get a couple’s massage, but there was only one man working there, and he seemed a little uneasy at the idea of massaging other men (he wasted no time to tell us that we could wait until the next day since it would be a woman instead).