To provide guests with more flexibility and added peace of mind when booking their next flight, WestJet is extending its flexible change/cancel program until December 31, 2021.
“We understand travel plans may change and we know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for,” said John Weatherill, WestJet’s Chief Commercial Officer. “As Canadians plan for winter travel and holiday reunions we want to ensure they can book knowing if their plans change their flights can too.”
Guests can book travel through to December 31, 2021 with the following flexible change/cancel policy:
- All flights booked between March 3, 2020 and December 31, 2021 will be allowed a $0 one-time fee waiver for changes or cancellations
- Change or cancellation must be requested more than 24 hours from departure
- Value of cancelled flights will be returned as a Travel Bank credit, valid for 24 months from the date the flight was cancelled
- If a guest changes their flight, the difference in fare applies. If the new fare is less, the difference will be returned as a Travel Bank credit
- For changes or cancellations within 24 hours of travel, standard change and cancel fee rules apply.
Full details are available online here: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/manage/change-cancel#change-cancel-covid
Guests booking WestJet Vacations packages can continue to protect their travel plans when booking vacation packages or land-only bookings to destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada, and the United States through WestJet’s Travel Protection Plan.
Additionally, WestJet continues to offer no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for travel to and from the US, Europe, the UK, Mexico and the Caribbean until October 31, 2021.