Who you are
If you are passionate about aviation, work well in a team and under pressure, like hands on work, have exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, we’d love to have you on the WestJet team.
What you'll do
As part of WestJet’s Tech Ops team, you perform daily maintenance on our aircraft fleet while making safety a top priority.
Boeing 737 NG
We have a fun and friendly culture where we work together to win.
As part of WestJet’s Tech Ops team, you can look forward to some perks
- Non-union technical operations environment
- Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) premiums starting at 7% (up to 10%)
- Uniform allowance
- Positive team environment
- A 5,5,4 shift rotation
- 2 weeks vacation with increase after 3 years of service and 10 statutory holidays
Tech Ops requirements
- Transport Canada License (AME – M2) (AVT – E License)
- Flexibility to work shift work, night shift and overtime
- Travel for base coverage and possible AOG trips
- Must be able to obtain drivers airside license, AVOP, & Restricted area pass
- Ability to complete a criminal background check
- Successful completion of a physical test
When hired, you will need to be available for a 4-week paid training course.
At WestJet we invest in our teams and want to see each and every person reach their full potential. Here are just some of the career path opportunities* you can pursue.
- ICL (Inspector Crew Lead)
- AML (Aircraft Maintenance Lead)
- Line Maintenance Management
- Maintenance Control
- Quality Assurance
- Fleet Engineering
- Fleet Planning
*Each WestJetter’s career path is unique, and we cannot guarantee timing or which path you choose. We encourage development and growth and your leader will support you with your path.