Organizations, programs and requests that would be considered ineligible for an Airport Community Giving donation include:
- Financial support or cash donations.
- Sponsorship of fundraising, sporting, community events or initiatives.
- Religious organizations or events, unless they are engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community.
- Political organizations or events.
- Individuals independently raising money for an event or non-profit organization. This includes racers, bikers and humanitarian trip participants needing pledges or support to achieve their individual fundraising goals.
- Third-party fundraising events without endorsement from the benefiting organization.
- Individuals or groups seeking donated or sponsored travel to conferences for speakers or delegates, school trips, training or learning programs, humanitarian trips, reunions/anniversaries, races, contests, or competitions. For information about group discounts, please visit our groups page.
- Incentive or appreciation events where airfare will be given to individuals in recognition of goals met, to encourage higher participation or used as a door prize.
If you determine that your initiative fits within our giving guidelines please submit an in-kind gift-of-flight donation request to be used for fundraising purposes. To assist you in properly completing the application form, we suggest you review the application questions and instructions before you begin.
Please note: We are currently not accepting requests for donations for events happening up to and including May 31, 2020. If your event is after this date, please note that it may take up to three months before receiving a response to your request. If you require conference or group travel, please contact WestJet Groups who will be happy to provide you with a quote.
We wish you success with your event and thank you for thinking of WestJet!