Excellent food, great pool entertainment, friendly staff
Sep 21, 2021
Overall I would highly recommend this property, but you need to be sure it’s going to be right for you. For me, what really makes this resort stand out is the quality of the food. Every meal we ate was truly gourmet. Portions are smaller so you can order lots of different items from the menu. It was well worth the all inclusive price for the dinners alone - and then there were also the complementary drinks, beautiful grounds, activities and great service. On the negative side, it can be difficult to get dinner reservations and you have to plan ahead. We booked all of our dinners on the first day we arrived and were still not able to get any reservations before 8 PM. And only a few of the restaurants are open each night, so there were a couple places we were unable to try during our four night stay. The restaurant I was most looking forward to (Pisco) was closed entirely. We were delighted with the inventiveness of the food and the diversity in the menu options, but if you are a meat and potatoes kind of person, you may find the menus a bit complex. We also had fantastic service during our dining experiences and since it’s a smaller resort you get to know the staff. Omar was the very best!
There are smaller and quieter pools throughout the resort, but most of the activity happens at the infinity pool on the beach/ocean. I can’t say enough wonderful things about Gustavo and Julian. Their energy and friendliness made every day’s pool experience fun. They are both so welcoming, extremely talented dancers, and made sure everyone was having a good time. And don’t miss pool Zumba – it’s truly an experience! The drink service is also great at the pool. For poolside lunch, there is wood fired pizza, a stand with burgers/hot dogs, and the most amazing tacos served every day. And one day they had a ceviche station and fresh fish. You can also eat at Sea Olives for lunch which is right next to the pool and has a wonderful menu. We had no trouble getting a table at lunchtime without reservations.
Our room reservation came with access to concierge service, which was very helpful. We could text our concierge with requests for reservations, waters, more towels, etc. using WhatsApp. Gilberto and Gabriel were always very helpful in getting us what we needed. We booked the penthouse room with the rooftop terrace, but we didn’t spend much time up there. It’s in full sun and very hot plus there’s not much of a view. Next time around I would spend the money elsewhere. The room was spacious and clean and there was a full kitchen with a fridge that they stocked daily with beers, bottled water, sodas and champagne. We had two balconies overlooking the pool too.
There is some sort of entertainment or show every evening. They are smaller scale but done well. We loved the 1910 Cantina/tequila bar. Amazing craft tequila cocktails. There is also a smaller/quieter Gin Bar but not much else to do after dinner. This was fine with us since we came to eat and relax, but if you are looking for nightlife this would not be the place for you.
You’ll see lots of wildlife here. We had multiple encounters with cotys and monkeys every day. There is a wooden bridge walk that winds through a cenote/natural swamp area and they light it up beautifully at night. If you like to walk, the grounds are large enough to get good exercise wandering around and not at all crowded. Pool volleyball, Zumba and water aerobics also happen every day and there is yoga every other morning.
The resort is easy to reach from the Cancun airport. It was a quick 30 min shuttle ride. We used USA Transfers and were very pleased. Only $120 for private round trip transportation for three of us.
Overall, I was delighted with the staff and service, blown away by the food, and thoroughly enjoyed Gustavo and Julian’s daily pool activities. I wish all of the restaurants and bars were open, but it was also nice that the resort wasn’t full/crowded.
Thank you for your hospitality Fives staff!! I hope to see you again.
Resort needs improvement!
(College Station, Texas)
Sep 20, 2021
I was at the resort for a girls week from 9/3/21-9/10/21. We stayed in a 2 bdrm penthouse suite. I wanted to share both the pros and cons of this resort as it is much more of a 2-3 star resort in my opinion.
1. Grounds are beautiful and very well kept
2. Very kind people (both staff and guests)
3. Great touch with towel animals/designs
4. Having a pool right outside of suite was very nice.
1. No hot water
2. Ac never got below 74 degrees
3. Green water in jacuzzi in master. Tub was nasty
4. Sheets had brown spots on them when we pulled back the sheets. Had them come change them
6. Tv didn’t work in 2nd bedroom but did get fixed after a call
7. Jacuzzi on terrace was nasty and when we called someone in maintenance showed up with one small bottle of shower gel and a wash rag. He came back down and said he cleaned the jacuzzi and handed us what was left of shower gel. We were amazed he didn’t use something that would sanitize it and didn’t use it
8. Room flooded from boiler leak on last night. Maintenance came and turned off water and we were left to head to the front desk only to find out they’d have to move us rooms since water would be ice cold. We weren’t planning to pack up until the next morning and missed the little nightlife of shows they did have. Completely ruined our last night there. They offered us a $100 credit and we accepted just to be able to have a little time left in our trip and figured we’d deal with it when we got home.
10. Room they put us in had hair in the shower, sheets had not been changed and water marks from glasses on bedside table. Also, water was freezing for showers. We also didn’t not have robes or stocked fridge as we paid for our last night
11. Also felt as though someone was entering the room when we weren’t there as things would be out of place, although nothing was ever missing. Made us nervous therefore we slept in the same bed the last 3 nights and also since the AC would not cool down in 2nd bedroom.
12. Food was just OK
A little piece of paradise!
Sep 20, 2021
We just are returning from The Fives which is my little piece of paradise.
I was a little concerned about going during Covid but I have to say all was running pretty smoothly. All restaurants required masks and hand sanitizer.
All employees wearing masks. Always cleaning. Cannot serve your own food. Covid testing was very organized results came back same day.
We were met by our Butlers Eduardo and Ricardo and Roberto owners manager. They were always available and at your service. Excellent service. We are a bit high maintenance and there were 10 of us! So they were busy!!
Thank you Gabriel for picking us up quickly when the storm came in the black car/cart.
On to the beach! Very well maintained. Not much sea weed. Our friends snorkeled and said their were tons of beautiful fish by the pier.
Thanks to Hugo, Burnaby, Filiberto Froylan,
For making for relaxing time at the beach. Always at your service
Breakfast tacos and beach tacos were one of my favorites. Going to turn into a taco!
Then on to the swim up pool by lizards where we had more favorite bartenders. Shout out to Marcos, heiberto, and Arturo.
Dinner. We like kho Tei. Ask for Marco. He will take care of you!
We also like Arrezo as a favorite.
Shout out to Bernardo in Flavours.
Mimosa glass was bottomless!
Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. It was more than I expected during Covid.
Sep 20, 2021
Service in the spa with Gabriella and Angelica was amazing as well as our dinner service with Fernando at Arezzo.
The food has been great. The resort is easy to navigate and the pools are beautiful. It has been a fun vacation so far.
Sep 18, 2021
The spa was my favorite part! Celeste, Gladys, Marcely and Ana made us feel the most pampered I've ever been. Their relaxation techniques before the massage were incredible with a sauna, hot tub and more. If you go to The Fives book a massage at the Spa. It's a must.