* To qualify for this offer, you must be a member of WestJet Rewards and must not already hold the same or higher tier status in the WestJet Rewards program as the one you are requesting. You must also submit your proof of status and be approved for the offer prior to travel.
- Get the flight benefits of Silver, Gold or Platinum until December 31, 2023 when you complete both challenges of the Status Match Challenge (the “Offer”).
- Challenge 1: Submit proof of top-tier status with another Canadian airline frequent flyer program, or with British Airways, between September 14 and September 30, 2022 to receive Platinum, Gold or Silver benefits, as applicable, with WestJet Rewards until December 15, 2022.
- Challenge 2: Extend that status for all of 2023 by achieving 20% of the annual tier qualifying spend amount normally required to retain status through the purchase of eligible base fares on WestJet-marketed flights flown between date of upgrade and December 15, 2022 (the “Travel Period”):
- Members upgraded to Silver will be required to achieve $600 in tier qualifying spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period.
- Members upgraded to Gold will be required to achieve $1000 in tier qualifying spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period; and
- Members upgraded to Platinum will be required to achieve $1600 in tier qualifying spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period;
Offer is valid on both existing and new bookings for travel completed within the Travel Period. The member's 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be included on all reservations prior to travel.
- Top-tier status with another Canadian airline frequent flyer program, or with British Airways, is defined as having current top-tier membership with an airline that offers a tiered frequent flyer program and awards status and benefits based on achievement of minimum spend, mileage or number of segments flown. Top-tier status must be valid with the airline until at least December 31, 2022. All top-tier status levels at or above the minimum required to achieve status with the airline are eligible for this Offer. Basic membership in a frequent flyer program is not considered eligible, nor is membership in a program that does not have multiple tiers or levels. Top-tier status must be granted by the airline itself; status granted by an alliance partner is not considered eligible. Status with loyalty credit cards and/or coalition programs (e.g.: Marriott Bonvoy or AIR MILES) are also not valid for this Offer.
- The applicable WestJet Rewards status will be awarded based on providing proof of valid status with the other frequent flyer program, as listed in Table A below: