1 Qualifying spend bonus
This is an exclusive offer, available by invitation only to select Teal WestJet Rewards members. Members that have not been invited by WestJet Rewards are not eligible to participate. To qualify for this bonus offer, you must be a member of WestJet Rewards, register individually for this Qualifying Spend (QS) bonus promotion (the "Offer") and book a flight(s) between June 8 – October 31, 2021 for travel from June 8 – October 31, 2021 and you will be eligible to receive promotionally upgraded earn rates and flight benefits for Silver status until December 31, 2022 when you reach Silver required tier qualifying spend of $3,000 on WestJet flights flown between June 8 – October 31, 2021. (the "Offer Period").
- Offer valid on new bookings only.
- Once registered, eligible members will automatically receive fifty per cent (50%) additional tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend on eligible Economy fares and one hundred per cent (100%) additional tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend on eligible Premium and Business fares on WestJet-marketed flights flown from June 8 – October 31, 2021.
- The member's 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be included on all reservations prior to travel.
- The Offer is valid on the amount spent on the purchase of eligible published base fares, excluding Basic fares and Member Exclusive fares, for WestJet-marketed flights flown by the member during the Offer Period; taxes, fees and charges are not eligible. A WestJet-marketed flight is one that has a WS carrier code preceding the flight number and is operated by WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link by Pacific Coastal, or by a partner airline.
- With this Offer, the member will earn a bonus in addition to the regular tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend accrued, which is normally calculated as 100% of the amount spent on the eligible published base fare. The bonus amounts will be as follows: 1) a 50% bonus in tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend on Econo and EconoFlex base fares for a total of 150% of the total base fare amount, and 2) a 100% bonus in tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend on Premium, PremiumFlex, Business and BusinessFlex base fares for a total of 200% of the total base fare amount. The following are not eligible toward tier qualifying spend or milestone qualifying spend: Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, WestJet Vacations group package bookings, partner-marketed flights, ancillary partner bookings made on westjet.com, WestJet Vacations land-only bookings, gift cards, taxes, fees, charges, any portion paid with WestJet dollars or any other reward program redemption. Amounts earned through Status Lift (a benefit of the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard) are not eligible toward milestone qualifying spend.
- Members will also not receive tier and milestone qualifying spend bonus amounts on the purchase of WestJet Vacations packages, regardless of whether they are normally eligible for tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend.
- The bonus amount on WestJet-marketed flights flown will be calculated separately but included in the same transaction and added to your total tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend. As an example, if you book an Econo fare for travel between Toronto and Vancouver during the Offer Period, where the regular tier qualifying spend and milestone qualifying spend accrued is equivalent to the base fare paid of $400 CAD, you would receive a 50% bonus for a total of $600 towards your next tier and next milestone award. If you book a Premium fare on the same flight, where the tier and milestone qualifying spend accrued is equivalent to the base fare paid of $800 CAD, you would accrue a 100% bonus for a total of $1600 CAD towards your next tier and next milestone award.
- Please allow up to 30 days after travel is completed for bonus tier and milestone qualifying spend to be processed to your account.
- Once you reach the tier qualifying spend of $3,000 required for Silver tier status your account will be upgraded, and the benefits of that tier will be immediately available to you. You will retain these benefits for the remainder of the qualifying year ending December 31, 2021 and the entire next qualifying year ending December 31, 2022. To keep these benefits for a subsequent year, you will need to meet tier qualifying spend requirements for Silver tier status during the 2022 qualifying year, which commences on January 1, 2022.
- You will also be eligible to receive milestone awards, which are directly tied to your milestone qualifying spend at any point in time and are independent of tier qualifying spend and tier status. Effective September 1, 2021, milestone qualifying spend is tracked separately from tier qualifying spend and includes spend on your WestJet travel, as it always has, but excludes amounts earned through Status Lift, a new benefit of the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard‡ applicable to tier qualification only. Milestone awards are available starting at $4000 in milestone qualifying spend and every subsequent increment of $2000. Should you be eligible to choose an award (applicable to awards at $8,000 and above), you will be able to make your selection when signed into your account on westjet.com. The choice must be made, and the award used, prior to the expiry date. Terms and conditions for redemption of individual vouchers awarded as a milestone award apply. See westjet.com/tiers for more details.
- As a result of this Offer, the total amount you spend on base fares to achieve Silver tier status and your first milestone award will be less than the published spend amounts normally required.
- The bonus tier and milestone qualifying spend accrued because of this Offer counts towards obtaining tier status and milestone awards only; members will not receive any additional WestJet dollars as a result of this Offer.
- The Offer may not be combined or use in conjunction with any other offer, unless specified.
- Bonus tier and milestone qualifying spend accrued has no cash value and is subject to current program terms and conditions.
- In order to take advantage of WestJet Rewards benefits, it is recommended that you review your communication consent and opt-ins to receive communications.
- All other Program terms and conditions remain in effect. Promotion is subject to change without notice. For more information on WestJet Rewards, visit westjet.com/rewards.