Plus is changing. Coming soon: guests who purchase our Plus fare will notice enhanced features.
From the time you book to the time you board, our Plus fare still gives you everything you need for the best travel experience, but will also include new extra's during your on-board experience.
- No added fees if you miss your flight or arrive at the airport early1,2,3
- Change your flight for no charge – just pay the difference in the fare1,2,3
- Receive a full credit for future use on a WestJet flight, or a full refund (for a fee) if you need to cancel your flight for any reason1
- Two checked bags are included6,7
- Priority security screening to get you through the airport quicker1,8
- Advance boarding and first access to overhead bins1,9
- Extra legroom10
- Your choice of a window or aisle seat, there is no middle seating10
- Wider seats on our 767 service
- The middle seat will be blocked for extra space on our 737 service starting September 14, 2015
- Enhanced on-board service11
- Most flights over 1.25 hours will include:
- Complimentary selection of food and beverages
- Most flights longer than 2.5 hours starting September 14, 2015 will also include:
- Premium food and beverages
- Warm towel service
- Flights on our 767 aircraft will include all items listed above and:
- Premium hot meal service
- A pre-flight drink and amenity kit for flights longer than 6 hours
- Most flights over 1.25 hours will include:
Book today and see why Plus is worth it.
To book Plus with WestJet Vacations call 1-877-737-7001 during business hours.
Already booked with an Econo or Flex fare? If seats in Plus are still available at time of check-in you may choose to move for a fee.
When you book matters; book your Plus fare early to get all the benefits. There are a limited amount of seats in Plus on each aircraft and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Purchase a Plus fare (with Plus seat selection)||Upgrade to Plus at the time of |
|Two checked bags1,6,7||✓||✕|
|No change fees1,2,3,4||✓||✕|
|Same-day flight changes at check-in1,2,3||✓||✕|
|No fee seat selection1||✓||✕|
|• Wider seats on our 767 service|
|• Middle seat is blocked for extra space on our 737 service starting September 14, 2015|
|Premium food and beverages1,9,11||✓||✓|
|Priority security screening
(at available airports)8
For more options compare our fares to see which is right for you.
How do the seating configurations in Plus differ by aircraft?
Our 737 aircraft will have a blocked middle seat and our 767 aircraft have wider seats to provide you with additional personal space and comfort.
Can the blocked middle seat be occupied?
No, the middle seat blocker cannot be removed.
Can I choose to move to a seat in Plus during check-in or while on my WestJet flight?
Yes you can. When available, a seat in Plus can be selected for a fee allowing you to enjoy extra legroom and food and beverages from our on-board menu.
If I purchase a Plus fare and choose not to sit in a seat in Plus do I still get the complimentary premium food and beverages?
No. In order to receive your premium food and beverages at no charge you must be seated in Plus.
No cash value associated with features. Optional fees are charged per guest, and unless otherwise noted fees are in Canadian dollars. The fee amounts show the minimum to maximum tax range (0-18 per cent) payable which may be applicable in some circumstances. The fees shown will be charged in the currency of the reservation (based on the equivalent rate of exchange) when paid by calling us over the phone or on westjet.com. If you are paying a fee at the airport, we will accept Canadian dollars or the equivalent amount of the local currency.
1 Not applicable on flights operated by our airline partners.
2 Changes and cancellations for WestJet Vacations will only be accepted 21 or more days before departure.
3 Same-day flight changes are defined as early and missed flight re-accommodation for the same origin and destination on the same day of travel. Re-accommodation to an earlier or later flight must be requested at the time of check in or at the airport (or at the airport within 2 hours of a missed flight) and is subject to availability. Difference in fare will not be charged or refunded for an earlier or missed flight.
4 Difference in fare may apply for itinerary changes.
5 Non-refundable to original form of payment.
6 A fee of $75-88.50 CAD for overweight and oversized baggage may apply.
7 A fee of$75-88.50 CAD for each eligible additional piece over two.
8 At available airports.
9 A seat in Plus must be selected in order to receive these benefits.
10 737 aircraft, as of September 14, 2015 will include a blocked middle seat. Our 767 aircraft are equipped with wider seats. Seats in Plus on flights operated by WestJet Encore do not have extra legroom.
11 Selections vary depending on flight length, time of day and availability.