If you cannot find the answer to your technical question here, please contact us.
A. Your computer set-upn
C. General technical questions
A. Your computer set-up
Minimum 128 bit encryption
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 and higher. Download Mozilla Firefox 24.0 and higher. Download Safari 5.0 and higher. Download Google Chrome 31.0 and higher. Download
- Cookies Enabled
- Minimum 128 bit encryption
- Flash ActiveX (version 9.0 or higher)
A video card capable of displaying, at a minimum, 1024 x 768 pixels with a 256 (8 bit) colour depth.
- Operating system
Windows 2000 or XP
Cookies are small bits of information attached to the pages you browse to book online. Cookies must be turned on for us to ensure that your information is kept in sync and so your reservation can run smoothly.
Also, your web browser may warn you about 'cookies' if you have the warning option turned on. You can deactivate this by turning the 'Warn me about cookies' option off in the options or preferences menu of your web browser.
- Why can't I make a reservation online? Has something changed?
If you are having difficulty making a reservation online, you may need to upgrade your browser.
Please upgrade your browser and try to make a reservation again. If you continue to have problems, please review the questions below.
- Why does nothing happen when I sign in?
- Your profile ID or password was typed incorrectly
- Your web browser does not support secure connections
- Your membership is not set up correctly
- Your browser is not supporting the "cookies"
- Your browser or ISP may be trying to deliver you an older or cached version of the page.
The problem can be one of the following:
Attempt to refresh your browser. If this is unsuccessful, and you are using MS Internet Explorer, please try a Ctrl + F5 keystroke to refresh the page from our WestJet server.
- I made a reservation but I didn't receive a confirmation email. Is my reservation confirmed?
Sabre Virtually There, the system WestJet uses to send your travel itinerary and additional travel information will provide you with a confirmation email. A few minutes may pass between making a reservation and receiving a confirmation email. You may not have received an email if your email address was entered incorrectly or if the email option was not selected. If you have not received an email confirmation within one (1) hour of making your reservation, please contact us.
- Is my credit card and payment card information safe?
We make every effort possible to ensure the safety and security of all your personal information, including your payment information. Secure Internet connections as well as password protection are just some of the ways we make it safe for you to book over the Internet. When a little lock appears at the bottom of your Internet browser screen, it signifies that you are using a secure connection. Secure connections allow your personal information to be safe, and used only by WestJet. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypts all the data that flows from your computer to our website using a randomly generated code. This code is strong enough that even if someone managed to intercept your data among the billions of other bits of data that flow through the Internet every second, it would take years on the fastest of computers to decode.
- Some parts of your site ask me to email you with certain information. When I click on the link I see an error message, or nothing happens. What is going on?
Your email software may not be configured correctly. It is recommended that you contact your system vendor or email software vendor to determine the problem.
- Why do I keep getting a message saying my booking has timed out? How do I know if my reservation was confirmed?
You may receive this message if your PC security settings are too high, or if there is another program blocking cookies (i.e. a firewall.) Please review the settings recommended by your browser provider or contact your system administrator.
You may also receive this message if you stop interacting with our website for a minimum of 15 minutes during the booking process. If this occurs please log in again, or return to our homepage to restart the booking process.
If you have entered your credit card information, but did not click on the 'Purchase Now' button, and a minimum of 15 minutes have passed, your reservation will time out and your reservation will not be confirmed.
C. General technical questions
- I can't remember my password. What can I do?
Go to the trouble signing in page and follow the instructions.
- How can I suggest an improvement for WestJet's online reservation system?
We are constantly looking for ways we can improve our online services. If you have any comments or suggestions on how we can better serve you in the future, please share your experience.