Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Where do I go?
Depending on your destination, we are located at two different areas of the terminal.
1. Domestic and international departures
WestJet is located in the center of the domestic/international check-in area on the main level. Proceed here if your WestJet flight is:
- Departing to a Canadian or international (non U.S.) destination
- Departing to a Canadian airport before connecting to a U.S. or international destination
Security screening for these flights is in the middle of the terminal, main level, adjacent to the main lobby. Halifax is a dedicated self-service airport for domestic departures. Please read below for more information.
2. U.S. departures
WestJet is Located at the U.S. check-in area located on the second floor at the north end of the terminal (above arrivals). Please proceed here if your WestJet flight is:
- Departing Halifax directly to a destination in the U.S.
Security screening for direct U.S. bound flights is adjacent to U.S. check-in.
Check-in and bag drop:
WestJet's Halifax domestic check-in area highlights advances in self-service technology that will let you start your travel easily and quickly. To find WestJet's domestic/international check-in, look for the teal digital signs in our highly visible open space.
Once in the WestJet self-service area, here's what you can do:
- Check in for your flight if you have not already done so online or on your mobile device
- Print your baggage tags and attach them to your baggage.
Attach your baggage tags following the instructions on the back of the tag and proceed to the bag drop area:
- Place your tagged baggage on the station and scan your boarding pass. The station will scan and weigh the item and then carry your baggage down the belt. Enjoy your flight!
Other things to know about our domestic area:
- If your checked-baggage is too heavy or you’ve exceeded our carry-on allowance, re-packing tables are located by our self-service kiosks so you can transfer items from one bag to another.
- Special handling tags and plastic bags for strollers and car seats are with the WestJetters in the self-service area. Just make eye contact and smile, we can help – no need to line up at guest assistance.
- Once tagged, take your oversized or fragile baggage to the Oversized Bag Drop area.
- If you need help, our friendly WestJetters are always close by at the self-service kiosks area and Guest Assistance is available for those guests requiring a little extra help.
Canada to Canada – Look at the flight departure screen to see which gate your connection flight is departing from and follow the signs to that gate. Unless told otherwise, your checked baggage will be delivered to your final destination.
U.S. to Canada – Follow the signs to Canada Customs and have all your documentation ready for inspection. Claim your checked baggage following passport inspection and clear Canada Customs. Proceed to the WestJet connection counters and drop off your checked baggage, then follow the signs to domestic departures for your connection flight.
Canada to U.S. – Follow the signs to U.S. Customs and have all your documentation ready for inspection. Your flight connecting thru Halifax will have had your baggage checked to your final U.S. destination. You will proceed through security screening, which will then bring you right to the U.S. Customs pre-clear area. After clearing U.S. Customs, follow the signs to your departure gate.