Instructions for Travel Agents:
If your client needs to change their flight as the result of a WestJet travel advisory:
- Enter "TRVL ADV DDMMMYY"** into the endorsement field if completing an exchange.
- No penalties or fare difference will apply if the exchange is completed within the travel advisory specified date range.
- **DDMMMYY is the travel date your client was impacted**
- If the ticket remains open for future use and the exchange is completed outside the travel advisory specified date range, regular fees will apply.
- Refunds are permitted without penalty, if refund is processed within the travel advisory specified date range, and no waiver required.
Phone Scam Alert
Telephone scammers are impersonating WestJet in an attempt to steal your personal information. WestJet does not use telemarketers or share guests' personal information. If you receive a call indicating that you've won "WestJet points/miles" or are a "preferred customer" please hang up. Visit http://www.antifraudcentre.ca/ for more info on this and other types of scams.
Advisory - Dominican Republic
Starting on April 30, 2012, all Canadian citizens travelling to the Dominican Republic will be required to present a passport valid for the length of their stay. You must also hold a return ticket or proof of onward travel for entry.
Advisory - St. Lucia and St. Vincent
Effective September 11, 2012, citizens of St. Lucia and St. Vincent require a visa to travel to Canada. For more information, please visit the government of Canada's St. Lucia and St. Vincent visitor's FAQ page. To submit a visa application by mail or in person, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada page for information on the Canadian visa office in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
Advisory – Trinidad and Tobago
Canadian citizens or residents, including dual citizens, travelling to Trinidad and Tobago must ensure that they have the proper travel documents required to return to Canada. A valid Canadian passport or resident card are the only documents recognized as a travel document that provides proof of eligibility to reside in Canada. For more information on the requirements to travel to and from Trinidad and Tobago, visit the High Commission of Canada to Trinidad and Tobago's page.