For information on entrance restrictions and health and security advisories for international destinations, please visit travel.gc.ca.
Travel advisory: Hurricane Odile damage – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The Cabo San Lucas airport has sustained severe hurricane damage. As a result, all scheduled flights to and from Cabo San Lucas until October 25 have been cancelled. We will start reduced service to and from Cabo San Lucas on October 26 until the end of November.
WestJet air only reservations:
If you are affected by a flight cancellation, you may select one of the following options until November 15, 2014:
- You may change your travel date for Cabo San Lucas without a fee or difference in fare. All travel must be completed by February 28, 2015. Blackout dates will apply from December 17, 2014 – January 5, February 5 to 9, and 12 to 16, 2015.
- You may cancel your reservation and select another destination (any difference in fare will apply), or have the full amount (base fare plus taxes and fees) placed in a WestJet Travel Bank credit. The credit will be valid for one year from the date of cancellation, and can be used towards another destination (any difference in fare will apply upon rebooking).
WestJet Vacations reservations:
WestJet Vacations guests who wish to make alternate travel arrangements up to and including November 15, should be directed to contact WestJet Vacations by calling 1-877-737-7001.
Travel advisory – Ebola
To prevent the entry and spread of the Ebola virus, many countries have implemented travel restrictions, including:
- The United States, whose Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have implemented enhanced screening for Ebola and requires all travellers who have been in West Africa in the preceding 21 days to only arrive at one of the following five airports:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York
- Newark International Airport in New Jersey
- Chicago's O'Hare International Airport
- Dulles International Airport in Virginia
- Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
- Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Antigua and Barbuda who have introduced travel restrictions for persons who have travelled to many locations in West Africa within a specific period of time. For more information, please contact the consulate or embassy of the country you are travelling to.
For more information on the Ebola virus and Travel Health Notices on the Ebola outbreak, please consult the following Government of Canada website: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/diseases-conditions-maladies-affections/disease-maladie/ebola/index-eng.php
Travel advisory: WestJet operations at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Starting October 21, 2014 WestJet operations at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), in Florida, will change from terminal 3 to terminal 1. WestJet check-in counters (31-36) will be located in the middle of terminal 1.
Phone scam alert
Telephone scammers are impersonating WestJet in an attempt to steal your personal information. WestJet does not use telemarketers or share guests' personal information. If you receive a call indicating that you've won "WestJet points/miles" or are a "preferred customer" please contact the RCMP Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501, email@example.com, or visit their website. For more information about possible scams related to WestJet, please visit our email and telephone scams page.
Travel advisory instructions for travel agents
If your client needs to change their flight as the result of a WestJet travel advisory:
- Enter "TRVL ADV DDMMMYY"** into the endorsement field if completing an exchange.
- No penalties or fare difference will apply if the exchange is completed within the travel advisory specified date range.
- **DDMMMYY is the travel date your client was impacted**
- If the ticket remains open for future use and the exchange is completed outside the travel advisory specified date range, regular fees will apply.