Flight-only group bookings
Need to book flights for a group of 10 guests or more? Look no further, we're here to help.
Contact us 1-888-493-7853
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MT
Closed Saturday, Sunday and all holidays
Great reasons to book your group of ten or more guests with WestJet
- We never overbook.
- We will not cancel your reservation if your initial group booking falls below the required 10 seats.
- No penalty on cancellations of up to 20 per cent of your group until the ticketing due date.
- You can secure your flights with a holding fee and pay at a later date.
- We offer complimentary name changes (up to 24 hours before your first flight's departure).
- We offer flexible final payment options.
- Travel credits are transferable and have no re-booking fees.
- We offer low change and cancellation fees.
- You can earn WestJet dollars® on flights, hotels and vehicle rentals.
- We allow unlimited changes to your itinerary both before and after it has been ticketed (fees may apply).
- Complimentary block seating for confirmed group reservations is available.
- Fares quoted by WestJet are subject to applicable taxes and fees, which may change without notice. Taxes and fees vary based on the airport you arrive/depart from/to, the airports you connect to and the country you're travelling to and from. Please see our taxes and fees page for a list of fees that may be applicable to your booking.
- Peak and non-peak is based on the available fare class and inventory at time of pricing and determines the holding fee requirements.
- Plus fares (if available) may be booked as part of your main group. Full payment or holding fee options should be discussed with a Group agent.
Holding fee & final payment
- A $75 per person holding fee must be paid by a single credit card and may be required upon confirmation of booking, or as scheduled based on the fare class booked (peak or non-peak).
- Your holding fee guarantees your base rate until the ticketing due date. Once you have provided full payment, the applicable holding fees will be refunded back to the original form of payment.
- Requests for additional seats to the main group are permitted and will be priced at the current published fare. A holding fee or full payment may be required.
- Names and final payment are due for ticketing 30 days before departure date. If you do not provide full payment by the ticketing due date, your reservation may be cancelled and your holding fee will not be refunded.
WestJet Groups accepts:
- American Express
- Discover and Diners Club International cards
- Visa and Visa debit
- WestJet Travel Bank credits (profile number is required at time of payment)
- Cheques (payable to WestJet), and
- Wire transfers (A minimum of five to seven days is required to process. Contact us for details.)
- Itinerary changes may be subject to a $75-86.25 CAD/USD change fee plus any difference in air fare and applicable taxes per guest. Fees and full payment may be required at time of change.
- Name changes are complimentary up to 24 hours before your group's initial departure time. Name changes within 24 hours of your group's departure time will be subject to a fee of $75-86.25 CAD per name change.
Should you choose to pay in full before the required ticketing due date, group change and cancel guidelines apply.
Cancellation fee and credit/refund information
|Day of booking||No fee and full refund|
|From the day the holding fee is paid and up to 31 days before departure||20 per cent release of your main group without loss of holding fee and refund back to original form of payment.|
|30 days before departure - up to 2 hours||$75-86.25 CAD/USD fee per guest, all cancelled seats apply. Balance of funds (including prepaid taxes) will be placed in a travel bank good for one year from date of cancellation.|
|Less than 2 hours before departure||All funds are non-refundable and non-creditable if a guest is a no-show or cancels with less than 2 hours notice. No credit or refund will be given.|
*WestJet travel credits are transferable and valid for one year from the date the reservation is cancelled. Travel credits may only be used for payment of flights through WestJet; credits may not be used for payment of fees or WestJet Vacations packages bookings. For full details and restrictions please visit WestJet travel credits.
- Complimentary block seating towards the rear of the cabin will be reserved once full payment is received. If you would like to select a specific seat, the regular seat selection fees will apply. Seat selection becomes free of charge 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure when using web, mobile or kiosk check-in (excluding seats in Plus).
- Group guests are able to use self-serve web, mobile or kiosk (select airports only) check in; except group bookings that have more than nine guests with the same last name.
Group equipment and baggage
|For more details, please visit our carry-on baggage page.|
|One item of carry-on baggage||Free|
|One personal item||Free|
|Baggage fees are charged per direction and may be combined (for example, if a bag is overweight and oversize both fees would apply). For more details, please visit checked and excess baggage.|
Overweight4 or Oversize2
|Peak and non-peak fares||Free||$20-23.60||$50-59 per item|
|Plus fare||Free||$0||$50-59 per item|
|Excess valuation||$10-11.80 per item|
1In the event that a bag is lost, guests will be reimbursed for their baggage fee (not including excess valuation) in addition to settlement for the loss of baggage.
2Not available for flights to Jamaica or Trinidad and Tobago.
3Not available on flights operated by WestJet Encore.
4Only one golf bag with clubs permitted to Jamaica or Trinidad and Tobago.