WestJet offers bereavement fares to those who are experiencing an imminent death or have had a death in their family.
- may only be booked by contacting us by phone or submitting a post travel request form
- require some additional general information at the time of booking, including reason for travel and relationship between guest travelling and the deceased
- are available on our Econo and EconoFlex
- do not include travel on our partner airlines
- require a WestJet Rewards account
- require that travel be completed within 30 days of when the flight is booked, including outbound and return flights
- cannot be combined with any other discount codes, promotional offers or companion voucher bookings
We regret any inconvience caused by the above restrictions. It's important to note that while our bereavement fare may not be the lowest priced fare at the time of booking, it offers more flexibility for last minute changes or cancellations.
Guests can request post travel bereavement fares using this form. Please be aware of the following:
- This form must be submitted within 7 days of the completion of travel.
- This form applies to guests with air only bookings booked directly through WestJet. Bookings made through a travel agent, a third-party points program, or on a third-party website do not qualify for bereavement fares. WestJet Vacations and Group bookings are not eligible for bereavement fares.
- Refunds are processed as a service credit to a WestJet Rewards account.
WestJet Vacations package bookings
WestJet Vacations does not offer bereavement fares.