It comes down to the type of code that has been issued. WestJet issues two types of discount codes: unlimited-use and limited-use; each of these works slightly different.
Let's define them for you:
Unlimited-use code: This type of discount code is usually a public offer made available to anyone, and can be used an unlimited amount of times if the flights and fares are available at the time of booking. WestJet dollars can be used when booking with unlimited-use codes.
Limited-use code: Sometimes, we have an exclusive offer with a unique discount code that is limited to a specific audience and/or quantity restriction. This code can only be used for a specific amount of bookings. WestJet dollars cannot be used when booking with limited-use codes.
If you want to confirm that your discount is unlimited-use and can be combined with WestJet dollars, here's what you do:
- First, sign into your WestJet Rewards account. You can do this at any time by selecting the "Sign in" icon at the top right of westjet.com.
- After you've signed in, go to the discount code landing page.
- Then, there will be a booking window near the bottom of the discount code landing page. Fill in the applicable discount code and select your travel details in the booking window, then select the "Get flights" button.
- If you are eligible to use the code based on the flight details you have provided, a message will appear at the top of the page letting you know that your discount has been applied.
- The discount will be reflected in the prices displayed.
- Once you reach the "Payment" step, you will have the opportunity to apply WestJet dollars to your booking.
- If WestJet dollars are sucessfully applied to your booking, then you'll know that you're using an unlimited-use code.
Please note: Minimum redemption rates may apply when booking with WestJet dollars.
If you have more questions about all-things WestJet Rewards, please check out the frequently asked questions for this program.