If you are flying with us, and you require special seating due to a disability or require the assistance of a personal attendant, we are happy to help out any way we can.
While some requests require 48 hours advance notice, we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate requests made within 48 hours.
Accessible seating is available if you need to be transferred using the Eagle lift device or a slide board to move into your seat. Seating with armrests that lift can be assigned for accessibility if requested a minimum of 48 hours in advance, and we will make every reasonable effort to provide this type of accessible seating if 48 hour's-notice is not provided.
Standard seating accommodations for guests with special needs
Depending on your special need, the fare you have purchased and the seats available, if you have not purchased a seat during your reservation, our system will attempt to seat you in the following locations. Our seating suggestions are listed below based on the accommodation type. Should the seat assignment not meet your needs, please contact us at least 48 hours before departure and we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate requests made within 48 hours. Please note: under Canadian Aviation Regulations, seats located at the emergency exit cannot be occupied by anyone whose presence can adversely affect safety.
If you believe a standard seating accommodation will not meet your needs, we may, based on a case-by-case pre-travel assessment, provide you with an additional adjacent seat. We are unable to accommodate these requests at the airport. Please see “Requesting additional seating” below. Additional adjacent seating may be provided at no charge on WestJet marketed and operated flights within Canada only, and may be purchased for all other flights if you require:
- help that exceeds the assistance services that we can provide and you must have a personal attendant accompany you in order to travel safely
- additional seating due to disabling obesity or disabling medical conditions
We do not provide seating approvals if you:
- want a travel companion for reasons other than a disability
- only require a personal attendant at your destination, but not in-flight
- are travelling on a WestJet Vacations package
- have needs that can be met with the assistance services we provide
If you believe that a standard seat accommodation will not meet your needs, we may, based on a case-by-case assessment, provide a seat with a specific attribute or a seat in a specific location onboard WestJet-operated flights if you:
- cannot safely travel without this accommodation due to a medical disability
- require specific seat attributes due to a fused or immobile lower limb
We do not provide specific seating:
- if you are requesting additional legroom due to height.
- for your travel companion (unless they are your personal attendant).