Keep yourself safe from fraud by being aware of the tactics scammers use. If you think you’ve been the target of fraud, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Email phishing, fake ads, fake social media accounts, and telephone scams are used to lure people into giving out personal information such as credit card numbers and account login credentials. These scams impersonate trusted brands to appear authentic.
How to protect yourself from fraud
- Keep your username and password confidential — a real WestJet representative will never ask for this information
- If you need to contact us, always use our official toll-free number
- Keep your credit card information confidential (outside of making a purchase from a trusted, secure website or phone line)
- Avoid clicking links or opening attachments in unsolicited emails
- Consider adding “call control” to your phone plan
How to spot common types of fraud