® Registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
‡ Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license.
^ New World Elite benefit “Status Lift”: Starting January 1, 2022, WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders can access a new annual benefit, “Status Lift”, to help you get closer to Silver, Gold or Platinum status each year. With Status Lift, you can earn $500 in tier qualifying spend which applies towards achieving the next WestJet Rewards tier for every $15,000 CAD in Eligible Purchases charged to your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard (up to a maximum of $1,500 in tier qualifying spend in a qualifying year). WestJet’s qualifying year is January 1 to December 31 of each calendar year. “Eligible Purchases appearing on your monthly statement after January 1, 2022 will earn Status Lift on the regular requirement of $15,000 CAD.
Limited-Time Introductory Offer: Between September 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021, WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders can earn $500 in WestJet tier qualifying spend for every $5,000 CAD in Eligible Purchases (regular requirement is $15,000 CAD) charged to your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, up to a maximum of $1,500 in tier qualifying spend. As of January 1, 2022, Status Lift will be earned on the regular amount of $15,000 CAD in Eligible Purchases.
Other terms and conditions apply. For full details visit our Status Lift page.
- Subject to the exclusions below, tier qualifying spend is: 1) one hundred per cent of the amount spent on eligible published base fares for WestJet-marketed flights flown by the member within a qualifying year 2) twenty per cent of the individual portion of the base price of eligible WestJet Vacations packages completed within a qualifying year, and 3) effective September 1, 2021, any amounts earned from Status Lift in a qualifying year. The following are not eligible toward tier qualifying spend: Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, WestJet Vacations group package bookings, partner-marketed flights, ancillary partner bookings made on westjet.com, WestJet Vacations land-only bookings, gift cards, taxes, fees, charges, any portion paid with WestJet dollars or any other reward program redemption. See WestJet Rewards terms and conditions for more details.
- WestJet flights are flights marketed by WestJet, which is a flight with a WS carrier code preceding the flight number, and eligible toward tier qualifying spend (see note 1). The flight may be operated by WestJet, WestJet Encore or a partner airline. Earn rate on eligible WestJet-marketed flights is calculated as a percentage back in WestJet dollars on the base fare paid; taxes, fees and charges are not eligible.
- WestJet Vacations packages are packaged vacations for up to nine guests on a single booking which include, at minimum, airfare and accommodations, and are sold for a combined base package price. Earn rate on eligible WestJet Vacations packages is calculated as a percentage back in WestJet dollars on the base package price and awarded individually to each member on the booking for their proportionate share of the total eligible spend; taxes, fees and charges are not eligible. WestJet dollars are not awarded on WestJet Vacations group bookings (10 or more guests on the same reservation).
- Car rentals, hotel stays, travel insurance, meal plans, attractions, and transfers are ancillary products sold individually by a third-party partner, or by WestJet Vacations as a land-only booking (i.e. without airfare). Earn rate on ancillary products is calculated as a set percentage back in WestJet dollars on the total base amount of the completed transaction; taxes, fees, charges, and extras are not eligible. When ancillary products are purchased from a third-party partner, WestJet dollars are awarded to one member only based on the total eligible spend of the booking. When ancillary products are purchased from WestJet Vacations as a land-only booking, WestJet dollars are awarded individually to each member on the booking for their proportionate share of the total eligible spend, except where only one member is listed on all or some of the reservations for the ancillary products, in which case only the member listed will be awarded WestJet dollars for the applicable portion of the eligible spend.
- Partner flights are flights marketed by our partner airlines and are identified by a two-letter carrier code other than WS preceding the flight number. Earn rates on partner-marketed flights are based on mileage and class of service. Available on select partners only. See westjet.com/rewardspartners for more details.
- Only available for residents of Canada. Terms and conditions apply. Visit westjet.com/creditcard for complete details.
- WestJet dollars can be used towards payment of the base fare of an eligible flight or vacation package, available on westjet.com or through WestJet’s contact centre. WestJet dollars cannot be applied against taxes, fees or charges and can only be used for new bookings. Minimum redemption rules on flights apply when purchasing Economy, Premium or Business fares; the entire base fare must be paid with WestJet dollars when purchasing a Member Exclusive fare. A minimum redemption amount of 50 WestJet dollars per booking applies for WestJet Vacations package bookings. Other restrictions may apply and are subject to change at any time. Full details available at westjet.com/redeem. All terms, conditions and restrictions applicable to WestJet Rewards are established by WestJet and shall apply to all bookings, travel arrangements and other services offered or provided by WestJet. WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is responsible for WestJet Rewards.