We recently made changes to our discount code system, so we’ve put together some frequently asked questions to help you out. The following applies to any of our discount code offers, including Buy one, get one.
Unfortunately, no, you will not be able to. The codes provided are valid for new bookings only.
"Error. Your coupon code XXXXXXX wasn't applied. Check out our FAQ page."
There are multiple reasons why your coupon code may be deemed invalid. They are:
- The coupon code entered may not exist or was entered incorrectly. A common mistake is entering a "0" (zero) instead of the letter "O", entering a "1" (one) instead of the letter "I", or vice versa. Also, you may want to confirm that the code you’re entering is a WestJet discount code.
- Some coupon codes are only eligible for use on one booking and cannot be combined with another coupon code from a different or expired offer.
- The coupon code you are using may only be valid for one guest.
- Buy one, get one is valid for a minimum of two guests travelling together (and multiples of 2). Check that you have at least two guests in your search.
- If your coupon code is a limited or one-time use code, it means you cannot use it for more than one booking.
- If you are booking with WestJet dollars, you may not have enough WestJet dollars in your account to make this purchase. Minimum redemption rates apply, visit westjet.com/redeem for more information.
- Your coupon code cannot be used because the code has expired. When available, you can refer to the original offer details for the expiry date. Please note; we are not able to extend the expiry date on discount codes.
No, discount codes are not valid on WestJet Vacations packages or group bookings.
It comes down to the type of code that has been issued. WestJet issues two types of discount codes: unlimited-use and limited-use; each of these works slightly different.
Let's define them for you:
Unlimited-use code: This type of discount code is usually a public offer made available to anyone, and can be used an unlimited amount of times if the flights and fares are available at the time of booking. WestJet dollars can be used when booking with unlimited-use codes.
Limited-use code: Sometimes, we have an exclusive offer with a unique discount code that is limited to a specific audience and/or quantity restriction. This code can only be used for a specific amount of bookings. WestJet dollars cannot be used when booking with limited-use codes.
If you want to confirm that your discount is unlimited-use and can be combined with WestJet dollars, here's what you do:
- First, sign into your WestJet Rewards account. You can do this at any time by selecting the "Sign in" icon at the top right of westjet.com.
- After you've signed in, go to the discount code landing page.
- Then, there will be a booking window near the bottom of the discount code landing page. Fill in the applicable discount code and select your travel details in the booking window, then select the "Get flights" button.
- If you are eligible to use the code based on the flight details you have provided, a message will appear at the top of the page letting you know that your discount has been applied.
- The discount will be reflected in the prices displayed.
- Once you reach the "Payment" step, you will have the opportunity to apply WestJet dollars to your booking.
- If WestJet dollars are sucessfully applied to your booking, then you'll know that you're using an unlimited-use code.
Please note: Minimum redemption rates may apply when booking with WestJet dollars.
If you have more questions about all-things WestJet Rewards, please check out the frequently asked questions for this program.
After you've entered a valid promo code and searched for your flights, a notification will appear at the top of your flight results page confirming the code has been applied. As you select your flights, applicable discounts will be shown on the fare bundle once you click the 'View' button for a cabin. Once you've selected all flights you can expand the price summary by clicking the 'Total' at the top of the page. Savings will be shown at the bottom of the price summary as 'Coupon code (savings)'. If your itinerary includes any blackout dates (refer to the specific details of the offer), the discount amount displayed will only be for the portion that is eligible.
Yes, you can perform as many searches for flights as you like in order to view your options and the discount amount. The discount code will not be officially used until payment is applied.
Discount codes expire at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time on the "book by" date given unless otherwise indicated.
Coupon codes are like paper - if they are lost, they are not retrievable.
Yes. Discount codes are only valid on flights marketed and operated wholly by WestJet, and are not applicable when travelling with our code-share, interline or other airline partners. WestJet operated flights are indicated as "Operated by WESTJET", "Operated by WESTJET ENCORE", or "Operated by WESTJET LINK BY PACIFIC COASTAL" during your fight search. Other flight restrictions may apply, such as restrictions on applicable fare class (e.g. only applicable to Econo fares). This will always be noted in the discount code details.
Blackout dates are specific to the offer for each discount code. Refer to the individual discount code details to confirm whether it has blackout dates.