1. Only available to residents of Canada. Once approved for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard, please allow 4-6 weeks after the first purchase transaction date for the 250 welcome WestJet dollars plus the additional 100 WestJet dollars (“Additional WestJet dollars”) and round-trip companion voucher (the “World Elite Companion Voucher”) to appear in your WestJet Rewards account, accessible at westjet.com/account. To be eligible for the Additional WestJet dollars, you must apply for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard between April 1 and August 31, 2021, be approved by Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”) and make your first purchase within 3 months of your account open date. The Additional WestJet dollars do not apply to product changes rom another RBC credit card to the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard. The World Elite Companion Voucher is offered to new WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard cardholders, and annually thereafter 4-6 weeks after the annual fee is charged.
Primary cardholder may use their annual World Elite Companion Voucher only once for one of these options of A) round-trip flight for travel in Canada and the continental U.S. for $119 CAD; or B) round-trip flight to/from the rest of the WestJet network for $399 CAD. Applicable taxes, fees and other ATC charges on the World Elite Companion Voucher must be paid at time of booking. Additional cardholders are not eligible for the welcome WestJet dollars, Additional WestJet dollars or World Elite Companion Voucher offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, except as otherwise set out. RBC and WestJet reserve the right to modify, cancel or withdraw this offer at any time. Terms and conditions of the World Elite Companion Voucher are established by WestJet and WestJet reserves the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time. New primary cardholders who apply for the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard between July 1, 2021 and August 16, 2021, and who make their first purchase by September 30, 2021, may use their first World Elite Companion Voucher for a round-trip Economy flight within Canada or, to/from the U.S. (including Hawaii), or Mexico for $0 base fare. Taxes, fees and other ATC charges will apply. The $0 base fare companion voucher offer is valid on new bookings only, for bookings up to one year from the date of issue of the companion voucher. Other terms and conditions apply. Visit westjet.com/companion-voucher for complete details on the World Elite Companion Voucher and westjet.com/companionoffer for full details of the $0 base fare companion voucher offer.
2. Valid for primary cardholders of the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and up to eight (8) additional guests travelling on the same reservation; not valid for companions when travelling on a group booking (10+ guests on the same reservation). Eligible member's 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be on the reservation at the time of check-in. Valid on itineraries marketed and wholly operated by WestJet; not valid when travelling with WestJet's code-share or interline partners. Size and weight of baggage must comply with WestJet’s standard checked baggage allowance. Any piece of baggage exceeding the size or weight allowance is subject to all applicable oversized weight and size restrictions and fees. More details. May only be used as described and has no monetary or other exchange value.
3. You will earn up to 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on your everyday purchases and up to 2.0% back when you purchase WestJet flights or WestJet Vacations packages, depending on the card you choose. The additional 0.5% back in WestJet dollars is calculated separately and is in addition to the WestJet dollars you earn on everyday purchases, however it may not be accrued under certain circumstances. In order to receive the additional 0.5% in WestJet dollars, WestJet or WestJet Vacations must appear as the merchant on your credit card statement. WestJet dollars are earned on net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including RBC Royal Bank® credit card cheques, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and certain bill payments), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the WestJet dollars earned by the amounts originally charged.
4. Get 2x the WestJet dollars earn rate for every $1 spent (an additional 1.5% bonus) (“Bonus Offer”) on all purchases at eligible grocery and restaurant merchants (including eligible food delivery services) in Canada (“Eligible Merchants”), when using your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard to pay within the first 3 months of your credit card account open date. All WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard cardholders who applied and were approved for the card between April 1 – August 31, 2021 are eligible to earn the Bonus Offer subject to these terms and conditions. The Bonus Offer is calculated separately and is in addition to the WestJet dollars you earn on everyday purchases on your credit card. WestJet dollars are earned on net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including balance transfers, cash-like transactions and certain bill payments), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the WestJet dollars earned by the amounts originally charged. The WestJet dollars will be deposited into your WestJet Rewards account on a monthly basis, up to 6-8 weeks after eligible purchases are made. Account must be open and in good standing at the time the Bonus Offer is awarded. For full WestJet dollars terms and conditions visit: westjet.com/rewards.
You can earn the Bonus Offer on purchases at:
a) Eligible Grocery Merchants in Canada: Eligible grocery merchants are classified under Mastercard merchant category codes (“MCCs”) 5331, 5411, 5441, 5451, 5462, 5499 and includes Real Canadian Super Store, Sobeys, Safeway, Save-on-Foods, Metro, Loblaws, IGA, Food Basics Canada, Fortinos, Freshco, Maxi, No Frills, Provigo, Super C, T & T Supermarket, and Zehrs. Purchases at grocery merchants whose primary business is not grocery sales (including wholesale clubs, alcohol retailers, and general merchandise retailers) do not qualify for the Bonus Offer in this category.
b) Eligible Restaurant Merchants in Canada: Eligible restaurant merchants are classified under MCCs 5812 and 5814 and include Boston Pizza, Cactus Club Café, Denny’s, Earls, East Side Mario’s, IHOP, Milestones Grill & Bar, Montana’s Cookhouse, Moxie’s, Nando’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Red Robin, St. Hubert, Swiss Chalet, The Keg, White Spot and many fast food outlets: A&W, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Domino’s Pizza, Harvey’s, KFC, Little Caesar’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Panago, Pizza Hut, Pizza Nova, Pizza, Popeye’s, Starbuck’s, Subway, Tim Horton’s, and Wendy’s.
It also includes food delivery services under these MCCs including Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and DoorDash. Purchases at restaurant merchants whose primary business is not food sales (including bars, taverns, cocktail lounges, and nightclubs) do not qualify for the Bonus Offer in this category.
The Bonus Offer is not applicable on purchases in other categories. Eligible Merchants may be subject to change if their MCCs change and the above list of Eligible Merchants is not exhaustive. Purchases made through a third-party or on an online marketplace (with multiple retailers), with the exception of eligible food delivery services, will not be eligible for the Bonus Offer. Royal Bank of Canada and WestJet cannot guarantee that any merchant, operating in whole or in part as a grocery store, restaurant, or food delivery service, is classified by MCC 5331, 5411, 5441, 5451, 5462, 5499, 5811, 5812, 5813 or 5814, and in no event will Royal Bank of Canada or WestJet be liable or responsible for any claims with respect to a purchase made at a merchant that is not classified by an eligible MCC above. This Bonus Offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, except as otherwise set out. WestJet and RBC reserve the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this Bonus Offer at any time.
WestJet Rewards program
All other WestJet Reward program terms and conditions remain in effect.
WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is solely responsible for the WestJet Rewards Program, the terms of the WestJet Rewards Program including earning, redemption and administration of WestJet dollars and program changes.
5. Available in-flight on aircraft where WestJet Connect is available. Terms and conditions apply. Boingo services provided by Boingo Wireless, Inc. See wifi.mastercard.com for full details.
6. WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders may exchange each valid Annual World Elite round-trip companion voucher for four (4) one-time use lounge access vouchers (“Lounge voucher”) at WestJet partner lounges. Applicable to WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard primary cardholders with a valid Annual World Elite round-trip companion voucher (“World Elite companion voucher”), deposited into your account 4 – 6 weeks after your first purchase transaction date and 30 days after your credit card renewal date each year thereafter. All requests to exchange a World Elite companion voucher for Lounge vouchers must be submitted at westjet.com/lounge-exchange. All requests to exchange a World Elite companion voucher must be submitted a minimum of 4 days prior to the cardholder’s planned date of travel and prior to the expiry of the companion voucher. Cardholders will be able to view the lounge vouchers and their expiry date(s) within the Vouchers section of their account. These vouchers will be identified as: Lounge Access – RBC. Lounge vouchers will have the same expiry date as the World Elite companion voucher used for the exchange. Lounge vouchers must be redeemed prior to the expiry date. If you have multiple World Elite companion vouchers, the first to expire will be the first one exchanged. Sign in to see available vouchers at westjet.com. There is no limit on the number of World Elite lounge vouchers that may be exchanged. If a lounge voucher expires after a cardholder has exchanged a World Elite companion voucher but before the lounge voucher has been redeemed, the lounge voucher(s) will not be valid. Once a cardholder has requested an exchange of a World Elite companion voucher for (4) lounge vouchers, the request will be considered final and cannot be cancelled or reversed. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer. Royal Bank of Canada and WestJet reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time, even after acceptance by you. Terms and conditions of the lounge voucher are established by WestJet and WestJet reserves the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time. WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is solely responsible for the WestJet Rewards Program and the terms of the WestJet Rewards Program. For full details on lounge voucher use visit westjet.com/en-ca/rewards/rbc-mastercard/lounge-exchange#lounge-RBC.
7. To participate in this offer, you must link your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard (“RBC Card”) to a Petro-Points Account. You must be enrolled in RBC Online Banking or RBC Mobile app in order to link your RBC Card to your Petro-Points card. Card linking may take up to 2 business days to process before savings and bonus points can be applied to purchases. Your linked RBC Card acts as your Petro-Points card. You will automatically earn Petro-Points when you pay for qualifying purchases with your linked RBC Card at Petro-Canada locations and you do not need to swipe your Petro-Points card before you pay. You can redeem your Petro-Points at Petro-Canada using your linked RBC Card. Each time you use your linked RBC Card to purchase any grade of gasoline, or diesel, at a Petro-Canada location, you will save three cents ($0.03) per litre at the time of the transaction.
8. WestJet dollars can be used towards payment of the base fare of an eligible flight or vacation package, available on westjet.com or through WestJet’s contact centre. WestJet dollars cannot be applied against taxes, fees or charges and can only be used for new bookings. Minimum redemption rules on flights apply when purchasing Economy, Premium or Business fares. A minimum redemption amount of 50 WestJet dollars per booking applies for WestJet Vacations package bookings. Other restrictions may apply and are subject to change at any time. All terms, conditions and restrictions applicable to WestJet Rewards are established by WestJet and shall apply to all bookings, travel arrangements and other services offered or provided by WestJet.
WestJet, not Royal Bank of Canada, is responsible for WestJet Rewards.
®Registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license.
‡All other trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s)