We spent 7 days here in the middle of April. Hotel is in a good location as you have easy access to highway 60 and 101. Rooms were a good size and clean and we had everything we needed. It was nice to have a full size fridge and Microwave. There was also a hot plate and a dishwasher. Beds and couch were comfortable. Two tv's - main room and bedroom. Pool is nice with towels available. Breakfast was good although repetitive. Staff were super friendly and helpful. I would absolutely stay here again.
(Ballentine, South Carolina)
Feb 22, 2022
We stayed here for 4 nights while seeing family in Tempe. This is an older property but our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. The back of the property is right on/adjacent to another hotel that is not as nice and 'kinda rowdy (I am being politically correct!!). I would recommend staying in odd numbered rooms ending in "23" to "41" for east facing and a quiet parking lot view or odd numbered rooms ending in "01" to 21" for a view looking out over the front of the hotel.
There are better long-term stay options in Phoenix
Jan 26, 2022
We stayed at this hotel specifically for its kitchen since we would be in the Phoenix area for weeks. Overall the hotel is okay but we left for a different, long-term hotel after a week here because it was not conducive to working from the room or working out.
- Front desk and breakfast staff. Very friendly and helpful.
- 1 BR room was spacious. There is a small table for eating (or work) and another workdesk with lots of outlets but no USB ports.
- Location is convenient to major highways and safe to walk around at night.
- In the room, there are no USB ports, only outlets, and several of ours did not work.
- Internet is slow, and when we tried to watch Showtime on the tv, the show literally stopped to buffer every 3 minutes. A/C is very noisy, as is the ice-maker in the fridge.
- They have laundry facilities on the 2nd floor of each building. These rooms are clearly not cleaned. One of the dryers in our building did not work, which we learned the hard way.
- Fitness center was really disappointing and it makes sense that they don't advertise it on their website. Very small, with 2 treadmills and an elliptical. One treadmill broken the entire week we were there. They don't supply towels and you have to request water at the front desk--there is none in or around the gym. There are no weights, only 4 kettlebells that max out at 20 lbs. There is a pulley weight machine with low weights and only 2 types of handles, so we really couldn't use it. The room was never cleaned. The wipes were dried out. There is a sign on the door to wash your hands before and after use, and the bathroom across the hall has a sign that it is locked. So...yeah.
- The other complaint is housekeeping. We didn't need or want daily housekeeping so we followed the front desk's instructions to place the "do not disturb" sign on the door when we didn't want housekeeping, otherwise they would clean. On Day 3, we signaled that we wanted cleaning but they skipped our room. By the time we got home, the cleaning staff was going home. They did bring us fresh towels and dish soap as requested. When they came the following day, they very clearly didn't clean the toilet...
Soccer tournament stay
Jan 22, 2022
Stayed at RI Mesa in Jan for a week. Nice place. Had a hot chocolate station. Arrived super late because of 2 plane delays. I think I arrived at 3:30 am. I had called ahead of time because I get worried arriving after midnight. Sometimes hotels give away your room because they think you are a “no show.” Free breakfast. Little busy because of multiple teams. Only one waffle maker and plates and cups sometimes in short supply. Mgmt addressed the issue and it was good the rest of the week.
Jan 16, 2022
Everything was perfect at my stay, I really loved the complimentary breakfast not many hotels off that anymore so thank you for that, your front desk staff had such a nice welcoming I believe there name was megan and lexi, keep those girls. I’ll be staying again soon.