WestJet is proud of the social investment we make in the communities we serve. As part of WestJet's corporate social responsibility, our culture of caring extends beyond our aircraft and our airports and into the community at large. Across Canada we put our ideas into action through three community investment programs. WestJet Cares for Kids works with eight national charities to positively impact children's health and wellness. WestJetters Caring for Our Community supports WestJetters who give their time and passion to organizations in their communities. The Airport Giving program empowers WestJet owners to be active participants in giving back to the communities where we live and work.
In addition to these programs, we also invest in the international community through our WestJet Hero Holiday initiative.
Taking care of our guests is the type of WestJet caring you probably see most often, but you might also be interested to know about the ways we help take care of our communities.
Through the Airport Giving program WestJetters at all of our domestic airports review external donation requests and decide who to support based on their community's local needs and priorities.
The Airport Giving program also supports children's hospitals and pediatric wards across Canada. We recognize the vital contributions these institutions make in communities by treating millions of children for every disease and injury imaginable. Children's hospitals and pediatric wards provide state-of-the-art care, life-saving research and preventative education for children and their families every day.
At WestJet we typically support charities and not-for-profit organizations in the communities we serve through the Airport Giving program with an in-kind (non-cash) gift-of-flight donation to be used for fundraising purposes.
You may be involved with an event, program or organization that you would like WestJet to support and are wondering how to propose your interest. At WestJet, we use an online request tool that allows you to tell us about your project and how your organization or event will benefit from our support. The online tool asks the same type of information from everyone and allows us to make more effective and timely decisions based on the large volume of requests we receive each year. Before completing the online request form please read the instructions so that you are prepared with the information you need to complete the process.
Please note that we generally do not support the following types of requests:
- Financial support or cash donations.
- Sponsorship of fundraising, sporting, community events or initiatives.
- Those in support of political or religious organizations or events.
- Individuals independently raising money for an event or non-profit organization. This includes racers or bikers needing pledges or support to achieve their individual fundraising goals.
- Third-party fundraising events without endorsement from the benefiting organization.
- Individuals or groups seeking donated or sponsored travel to conferences for speakers or delegates, training or learning programs, reunions/anniversaries, races, contests, or competitions. For information about group discounts, please visit our groups page.
- Non-fundraising incentive or appreciation events where airfare will be given to individuals in recognition of goals met or to encourage higher participation.
Click here to submit an in-kind gift-of-flight donation request to be used for fundraising purposes.
Please note: Due to the volume of requests that WestJet receives we require four to six weeks to review and respond to your request.
If you require conference or group travel, please contact our Specialty Sales team who will be happy to provide you with a quote. For more information, visit our groups page.
We wish you success with your event and thank you for thinking of WestJet!