Beautiful room - upgrade ocean view. Super lovely bedding and comfy bed.
Breakfast gal (from Indian and 23rd old working in PR) made our morning. Such an angel! Check in was excellent! Upgrade with earlier check in and parking complimentary was a bonus!
Dec 06, 2023
Average scores: Good location for a tourist. Easy check-in.
Below average from there. 2 stars is harsh, but the Delta didn’t even earn 3 stars-average.
1. Room with a harbor view is really a room with a view of a roof and harbor beyond in distance—fail
2. No safe in the room—fail
3. Toilet paper is rough, really rough—fail
4. Old school coffee maker…never a decent cup outa those old drips—fail
5. Room kinda is musty smell…just enough to notice and annoy, not enough to demand a change—fail
6. Pay attention closing the door, gotta pull it tight.
No, I won’t recommend
Needs more attention to detail and upgrade
Nov 07, 2023
This hotel is old and tired, and showing lots of wear.
The biggest problems for us were:
1. The door frame allows so much light in, that it's impossible to get the room dark enough to sleep well. This is made worse by the individual light over every room door!
2. The room-darkening blinds do not close properly, again letting in way too much light, and compromising sleep.
3. There was a hockey tournament on, and many of the players were staying on our floor. They were loud in their rooms, loud in the hallways, loud in the elevator and while waiting for the elevator, and often groups of them would be coming back well after 1 am, and very loud. Unfortunately, our room was across from the elevators.
4. Perhaps set aside an entire floor for the teams, and let us older folks have some peace and quiet!
5. Housekeeping didn't always replenish the decaf, which is all I can drink. Also didn't clean the coffee machine or kettle - they were pretty gross when we arrived so I cleaned them myself.
1. Close to all the walkable sights in the downtown and port/marina.
2. Very good banquet facilities and staff
3. Efficient and quiet elevators (except for the humans using them!)
4. Very comfortable beds! Nice surprise!
Oct 14, 2023
Stayed here one night. Hotel is in a great location to park your car in their underground car park and leave it so you may walk and enjoy downtown. Lots of restaurants and shops within close walking distance. Housekeeping had the room looking nice and the room was quiet even with a conference going on. Would stay again.
Hotel food is good food.
Sep 30, 2023
I’m a regular at Marriott and Delta hotels and so often I am using their restaurants as my main goto for travel. That’s no longer a compromise or a second choice. Their food is highly competitive with top local options.
On this particular visit we used the restaurant for all three of our breakfasts. Not only was the food great but the service was exceptional. Our server was patient and clearly repeated our order back to us, refilled our coffee and on the second day, remembered exactly what we had the day before. That is good service.
It was unfortunate that at the same time, the restaurant was filled with some folks who seemed to feel quite entitled and very rude. We observed one in particular who didn’t wait to be seated (despite the clear signage) and in less that 30 seconds had already started asking for the manager because she didn’t have coffee yet. While this was happening (a few times) we continued to watch the pleasant and professional service from the diverse staff.
I highly recommend Waters Edge and the Delta for your stay.