Excellent location on the waterfront!
This hotel is directly in front of Fisherman’s wharf, close to restaurants and shops, right next to cable cars, with a view of the Bridge and Alcatraz.
Within walking distance of lots of things including the amazing aquarium.
My negative points include the high cost ( and several additional taxes) as well as the impossibility to ever find the concierge.
The restaurant has a delicious crab chowder as well as a crab breakfast omelette.
Daughters 10th Birthday Trip
(Long Neck, Delaware)
Sep 18, 2023
Arrived in San Francisco after a 6.5 hour flight from Delaware. Was impressed when entered but all that came crashing down when we started our check-in process. Mind you…we are here for my daughters 10th birthday celebration. As my husband was checking in I stood to the left of him as normally. The gentleman checking us in spoke super loud that the room we had book was a 1 bed and there were 3 of us. He restated this 3 times till I replied…yes…we are a family. The female walked up to the second checkin computer which I was standing in front of she says, “can you move”. There was no one in the line but a gentleman and wife standing in the waiting area about 5-7 steps behind me. She called out to the gentleman, “Sir…Sir”. Coming from a high end resort town in Delaware we are accustomed to being greeted a bit more welcoming…than being told to move. Basically training needs to be had with staff on proper hospitality communication. Very sad when the bell boy and housekeepers are more courteous.
Beautiful hotel in a fabulous location!
Sep 11, 2023
Excellent hotel! Great location, clean spacious rooms and friendly staff. We had a Bay view room and loved waking up to see the Golden Gate Bridge every morning! Cozy lobby where you can sit and relax after walking the streets or touring the city. We would definitely stay there again.
Sep 10, 2023
After 6 weeks on the road this hotel stands out as the best accommodation we have ever stayed in. This includes 5 star hotels all around the world and 6 Fairmomt Hotels on this holiday. The things that make it stand out are:
1. The interior decoration, both in the public areas and the rooms, is exceptional. An old theme (maritime) done well. It's so refreshing to open the door to a room that isn't white bed linen and brown furniture.
2. The size of the room was very generous and well thought out with everything appearing to be in the right place for convenient living.
3. The premises had everything. A restaurant offering 3 meals a day which had a good menu and friendly staff; a lounge area which felt luxurious and was a great spot for a drink or just to relax and a wine bar if you wanted it.
4. It is well located for Fisherman's Wharf e periences and also right on the trolley lie which gives access to the city a d other parts of San Francisco.
5. Every staff member from desk/ concierge to housekeeping/maintenance people were friendly and it seemed like a happy place to work.
I hope it is because it is certainly a happy place to stay and I will be recommending it to anyone visiting San Francisco.
Waaaaay cool in an amazing location
Sep 09, 2023
this place is waaaay cool and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful
??We had a harbour view room which obs had a great view out across the harbour and could see Alcatraz . Our room had everything we needed
Great location right in the heart of the tourist vicinity . Easy to walk along the waters edge , see the seals, lots of food , near the chocolate place , bike hire places , gocar hire . Basically close to everything
??Food at the Restaurant is delicious . I especially loved the chowder , yummy