We had a great stay during mid-winter break! Our group included me, my husband, our two young boys (3.5 and 2), and my mom and aunt. We selected this resort based on the availability of
activities for our young kids (they’re too young for dropping off at the Kids Club, so it was important to have other things they could do) and the variety/quality of food.
We used Tropical Elite Tours (via link on Hilton website) for shuttle service—on time and efficient. The drive to the resort was faster than expected, too.
While researching, I saw many complaints about the beach. The seaweed wasn’t a big deal. Sure, there was some seaweed coming in, but no more than we saw further down in Playa Mujeres last February. The staff raked the seaweed up and kept the beach clean enough. The water is not quite as crystal clear and turquoise as in the hotel zone, but the views were still beautiful.
Highlights for our kids (and us!):
- We were able check out beach toys from the Kids Club each day. Buckets, shovels, etc. They also had footballs/volleyballs for use. This was a surprise to us and was helpful as we did not bring many toys. Such an awesome amenity to offer.
- The splash pool was great! Slides were fun for our older son and our younger son enjoyed the other water features.
- The pool just below the splash pad has a ledge with lounge chairs. This was perfect for our kids to play in the water while we got some sun.
- The Kids Club offers family play time for kids under 4 a few times a day. My boys really enjoyed the playground and an indoor climbing corner. There was also a safari themed splash party for all kids in the splash pool one of the days.
- Overall, the food was phenomenal. I think the salads I had there were better than the salad I made myself at home today! Our favorites were the pizza at La Luce, the traditional coffee at the Maxal breakfast buffet, and the poolside tacos. My kids were also obsessed with the muffins at the lobby coffee bar. I have one very picky eater and there were plenty of options for him.
Things to note:
- The pool water was not warm. It didn’t bother my kids, but I thought it was cold! This was our experience at a different resort last year, too—it seems to be rare for resorts in this region to heat their pools.
- The ocean was plenty calm while we were there. I brought life jackets and puddle jumpers not knowing what to expect. The puddle jumpers were fine, but that obviously could vary depending on the season and weather.
- The shower has a child safety feature restricting the hot water. It’s easy to bypass for adult showers once you know about it!
- We brought our own sippy cups, straws, and kid sized silverware.
- The liquor is “bottom shelf” unless you request otherwise. The food was definitely better than the drinks, but we weren’t getting too wild on a family trip anyway.
- The shows in the amphitheater start at 9PM. That was too late for my kids, so they missed those. My husband and I popped into Aladdin without them for a bit and it was well done!
- As other reviews have noted, the “towel game” to reserve pool chairs is intense. We went down by 7:30 each day and had no trouble grabbing a group of chairs.
- The air gets chilly at night in February. Bring a sweater or two for dinners. Lightweight pants or a long sleeve shirt wouldn’t be out of the question either.
Overall, we had a wonderful trip and I would recommend this resort for other families with young kids.
Beautiful, modern, clean, gorgeous decor
Feb 24, 2024
Wanted to come on here to give David Ruiz, the gym instructor, a shout out. He acted as a personal trainer during one of the scheduled HIT classes as I happened to be the only participant. He was excellent, very knowledgeable and encouraging. The gym is also very nice, clean, modern, bright and inviting.
Beautiful hotel and amenities all around.
Fun family vacation
Feb 24, 2024
This was a great all inclusive, probably the best we've been at in Cancun that is family friendly. Food was great. Service and cleanliness are great as well. We had dinner at several place and Angel at Maxal restaurant was fantastic. We will be back and were very happy with the overall experience! Great place.
Hilton Cancun All Inclusive- restaurants
Feb 24, 2024
Italian, steak house and Mexican restaurants have excellent food. Friendly customer service overall . We had this waiter name Sandy at Maxal restaurant who was super nice and was very accommodating. The only downside to our stay at the Hilton was the description of our hotel view. It said we have a garden view. It wasn’t really a garden view, more like a view of the forest/ field.
Many was awesome!
Feb 24, 2024
Many waited on our party of 8, plus so many more and we kept him very busy. It was my son’s 21st birthday so we were celebrating if you know what I mean . He was always smiling and having a good time with us helping the celebration. Many was the best!!!