I wanted this trip for my wife's 40th birthday to be excellent, so I research for days and fretted over a lot of little details that were mentioned in previous reviews. However, most of the prior reviews were not accurate and this was a great place to stay.
1. The staff was amazing. Rena at the front desk was attentive to my wife's birthday, helped get us into the west tower and took care of a lot of things while we were visiting. She is an asset to the hotel and we were happy she was there for us.
2. They are adequately staffed now. We never waited long for a server and were always well taken care of.
3. There was only one restaurant open, but the food was really GOOD. I doubt that we would have eaten at the one that was closed anyways.
4. The location is great for a base on the island. You are able to get around easily and finding a place for breakfast or dinner was really easy.
5. We stayed in the west tower and our room was renovated. I don't know for certain but looking across at the other tower rooms it appeared that they were all renovated as well. So no need to worry about getting an old room.
5. What I didn't like was the small beach and more industrial feel of the beach. In fact, we ended up getting day passes up at the Hilton for our beach day and then just walking into the Westin and spending a day at their property beaches. If you are going solely to sit on the beach I would suggest the resorts north of the Kona airport. The beaches are gorgeous and more of a resort feeling. This hotel is wonderful if you plan on going out every day and just need a base for the evening.
We stayed on points and were treated no different than the other "full paying guests". The hotel was not very busy with covid, but it was to our advantage!
We loved it and want to go back. Until next time, Aloha Courtyard!
Amazing staff and stay
(Santa Rosa, California)
Oct 16, 2021
At the end of my three week trip with my 91-year-old mother, she became suddenly ill and I ended up staying three more weeks. It was a scramble to find somewhere to stay with such short notice and the King Kamehameha was available. My mother was in the hospital and they did not know the outcome. During this time the hotel staff was incredible. They made sure I was comfortable, had a nice room and was well taken care of. Due to my status as a Marriott Bonvoy Elite, Elizabeth was able to get me into an oceanfront room. At first I thought I would only be there for five or so days. I had to keep on adding on reservations at five days at a time. I ended up staying there for three weeks total. Each reservation Devin at the front desk was just amazing. He made sure my bill was always correct, gave me a drink tickets and even gave me chocolates. He made it so my stay there was more than comfortable. Darci down at the billfish bar and Grill was equally amazing. Always making sure I had food to eat and something to drink. She also provided the best company. She was a great person to have during the time when I was there all alone facing the inevitable. My mom ended up passing away and I had to continue staying on the island due to logistics of paperwork, getting her ashes etc. It was a very upsetting time for me. But as I said the hotel stuff made everything as comfortable as possible for me. The maids were also wonderful always asking if I needed any water or needed anything in my room. And of course all staff would always ask how my mom was during my visit and were so sad to hear that she passed away. I could not have asked for a better support team! I will definitely stay here again!
SERVICE was phenomenal !!!!!!!!
Oct 02, 2021
From the moment we checked in, hours earlier than check in time, the staff was very friendly and helpful in which ever way they could. Immediately tried to get reservations for the luau. They were fully booked, so I asked to be put on a "wait list".
After checking in with consierge daily, there was a cancellation. We ended up being seated on front row seats!! Extremely fun show!! Open bar and delicious food.
The drinks and the food served at the Courtyard restaurant were also consistently good. Jody was our bartender and was really good and sooo busy. She was training Dave he was a pro. Ian and Henry (I think that was his name) our luggage "valets were very attentive and caring. Can't say enough of our very welcoming friends.....
Nice hotel in town
Oct 01, 2021
The hotel is located about a 20 minute ride from the airport. It is a nice hotel with a pool and a small beach. It is also right in the centre of the city so there is a lot of stores in the area for shopping. There is an ABC store located right in the building for all of your snack and drink needs.
A lot of airline crew stay here so it does meet their standards.
(Stafford Springs, Connecticut)
Sep 30, 2021
So as I understand a few people including my mother we're iffy about the stay given someone had a review about the hotel being very out dated. This is very much not the case here! Everything is amazing. The front desk and bell men are out of this world amazing! I couldnt have had a better stay! There are outlets everywhere for charging USB and wall outlets. Lights and fixtures are all new shower is awesome there is a fridge and they give you two bottles a day of water as well as a safe in the closet.