There are other hotels worth looking at. The Fairmont Gold experience has gone down hill at the Queen Elizabeth. The Gold Lounge now operates as a full-service bar. It’s nothing special; you have to wait to be served. Might as well just go down to the hotel bar. Drink prices are the same as the bar, but the *appetizers* are gratis. Bathrooms are now reminiscent of a gym. The location of the hotel is convenient if you’re arriving by train. Turndown is hit and miss… when they come by at 6pm as you’re getting ready to go to dinner.
It’s too bad. We have been staying on the Gold Floor here for years.
Would stay here again
Jan 13, 2023
With a long history of being the luxury place to stay in Montreal, this hotel is worth a stay.
The room was a little too small for my liking - and the bathroom was tiny - but they were both well decorated and comfortable. The bed and linens were luxurious as were the toiletries.
You can’t fault the location with this hotel being slap bang in the middle of town.
The gym and fitness centre was fantastic - an amazing gym by hotel standards alongside a great pool.
Aside from the room size, my only other niggles were the bell boys (bag took ages with the wrong bags eventually delivered) and the lifts (which are seriously inadequate with very long waits when the hotel is full). Were these resolved, I’d happily be rating the hotel five stars.
Great services and Great Location with an Easy Access to all major public transports.
Jan 12, 2023
We booked 2 connecting rooms - Double bed and King bed rooms with City view for 3 nights.
- Nice and comfy pillows and mattresses.
- Quiet rooms. Even though our rooms were close to the elevators, we didn't hear the elevators' chimes from our rooms.
- Nice and clean swimming pool area [ a bit on the small side ] and a hot tub / jacuzzi + a sauna.
- Convenient location since the hotel is connected to VIA Rail stn, Metro Subway stations [Peel stn [Blue line] and Bonaventure stn [Orange line], Eaton Centre Mall, Car Park, Restaurants and Cafes, etc.
- Great services from all attendants [receptionists, pool attendants, housekeeping staff, Roselys' staff when we had breakfast there]
- They should consider to replace the wooden base bed with something soft.
Our knees and shins have been best buddies with the bed base since day 1, due to how often we "met and bumped" into each other during our stay there. We even got some "blue love stamps" from the base to mark our "beautiful friendships"
- I really "admired" the non-conventional thinking of the bathroom interior designers when they designed the hinged glass partition which covers only HALF the length of the bath tub. It's still a mystery for me on how to prevent the water from splashing on the floor. Perhaps there was a magic button to create an "invisible barrier" to block off the water.
- There were very limited choice of English TV programs, and limited selection of breakfast buffet menu. I would've expected them from a 2 or 3-star-hotel, but not from the standard of any Fairmont hotels.
- Paid wi-fi [ NOT Free ]. Even McD or Timmies provide Free wifi, but it seems for the hotel's management, Wifi is one of the top 10 highest expenses.
They were probably thinking "why should we charge them for less, if we could squeeze out more from 'em, regardless of how insignificant it is. Probably next time we could also charge our guests for using our elevators. $5 per "ride" maybe ??? "
- Don't remove anything out of the fridge in your room. Otherwise you'll be billed automatically.
- If you're coming by car, and if you want to park it yourself, there's a public parking garage [24/7] on "904 Rue Belmont" located on the back of the hotel. They have hourly and daily rates too. It has an underground pathway to the hotel. Take the elevator down to Gare Centrale station, and find your way to Le Reine Elizabeth hotel.
- There were some homeless guys down in the underpass and in the subway stations, but usually they were not aggressively soliciting people. I've had no problems with them during my stay in Montreal.
Jan 07, 2023
I paid much more for the privilege of the following:
- small room with terrible view
- fridge has no space for your own items
- no availability at the restaurant or spa
- extra charges for internet and luggage storage
The location is great but not the best value
Gold level was great
Jan 06, 2023
We spent most of our time at the gold level lounge and everyone up there was extremely helpful and gracious. Our room was great and whole family had a great time. We would definitely stay there again.