* To qualify for this offer, you must be a member of WestJet Rewards and must not already hold the same or higher tier status in the WestJet Rewards program as the one you are requesting. You must also submit your proof of status and be approved for the offer prior to travel.
- Get the flight benefits of Silver, Gold or Platinum until December 31, 2023 when you complete both challenges of the Status Match Challenge (the “Offer”).
- Challenge 1: Submit proof of top-tier status with another Canadian airline frequent flyer program between March 27 and April 30, 2023 to receive Platinum, Gold or Silver benefits, as applicable, with WestJet Rewards until June 30, 2023.
- Challenge 2: Extend that status for all of 2023 by achieving 25% of the annual Tier Qualifying Spend amount normally required to retain status through the purchase of eligible base fares on WestJet-marketed flights flown between date of upgrade and June 30, 2023 (the “Travel Period”):
- Members upgraded to Silver will be required to achieve $750 in Tier Qualifying Spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period.
- Members upgraded to Gold will be required to achieve $1250 in Tier Qualifying Spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period.
- Members upgraded to Platinum will be required to achieve $2000 in Tier Qualifying Spend from WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Travel Period.
- Offer is valid on both existing and new bookings for travel completed within the Travel Period. The member's 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be included on all reservations prior to travel.
- Tier Qualifying Spend required for Challenge 2 of the Offer must be achieved through the purchase of published base fares for WestJet-marketed flights flown—which is any flight with a WS carrier code preceding the flight number and operated by WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link by Pacific Coastal or a partner airline—and normally eligible for Tier Qualifying Spend pursuant to the Reward Program Rules. Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, taxes, fees and charges and any portion of the base fare paid with WestJet dollars are not eligible for Tier Qualifying Spend, nor for this Offer. Tier Qualifying Spend amounts earned through the purchase of WestJet Vacations individual package bookings, or through Status Lift (a benefit of the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard), are also not eligible toward this Offer, regardless of whether they are normally eligible for Tier Qualifying Spend.
- Top-tier status with another Canadian airline frequent flyer program is defined as having current top-tier membership with an airline that offers a tiered frequent flyer program and awards status and benefits based on achievement of minimum spend, mileage or number of segments flown. Top-tier status must be valid with the airline until at least December 31, 2023. Basic membership in a frequent flyer program is not considered eligible, nor is membership in a program that does not have multiple tiers or levels. Top-tier status must be granted by the airline itself; status granted by an alliance partner is not considered eligible. Status with loyalty credit cards and/or coalition programs (e.g.: Marriott Bonvoy or AIR MILES) are also not valid for this Offer.
- The applicable WestJet Rewards status will be awarded based on providing proof of valid status with the other frequent flyer program, as listed in Table A below: