2.7x tier qualifying spend is worth celebrating
Don’t let this offer float away.
Thank you for your interest, registration for this offer has now closed. If you have registered and booked, your tier qualifying spend will be awarded after completing your travel.*
Get a head start on earning tier qualifying spend to retain your status for 2024 or achieve a higher tier. The more you travel with us, the faster you’ll move up through our tiers, earning even more benefits.
With top-tier status, enjoy airport lounge access, priority services and eligibility for upgrades to our Premium cabin. Top-tier members also earn WestJet dollars at higher rates which can be redeemed for travel on any fare, in any cabin to any destination in our network, with no blackouts.
Annual tier qualifying spend by tier:
Sign in to see your current total or explore the benefits of each tier.
Register and book by: March 8, 2023 (11:59 p.m. MT)
Travel between: March 14, 2023 – December 15, 2023
Eligible fares: Econo, Premium, Business
(excludes Basic, Member Exclusive, EconoFlex, PremiumFlex and BusinessFlex fares)
Eligible routes: All WestJet-marketed flights
*This is an exclusive offer, available to top-tier WestJet Rewards members.
2.7x More Tier Qualifying Spend – Winter 2023
- The WestJet Rewards 2.7x More Tier Qualifying Spend (the “Offer”) is only available to WestJet Rewards members with Platinum, Gold or Silver status (each of Platinum, Gold or Silver WestJet Rewards status a “top tier” and individually or collectively “top-tier status”) as of March 1, 2023. Members who achieve top-tier status after March 1, 2023 will only become eligible once achieving a minimum of Silver status and only on travel completed after achieving top-tier status.
- To participate in Offer, eligible top-tier members must register individually for the Offer between March 1 and 8, 2023 (the “Registration Period”) and book eligible flights between March 1 and 8, 2023 (the “Booking Period”) for travel between March 14 and December 15, 2023 (the “Travel Period”). The member’s 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID must be included on the booking(s). Offer valid on new bookings only.
- Registered members will be eligible to earn 2.7x more Tier Qualifying Spend for eligible fares booked during the Booking Period and flown during the Travel Period (the “Offer Bonus”).
- Eligible fares for the Offer Bonus are Econo, Premium and Business published base fares for WestJet-marketed flights flown—which is any flight with a WS carrier code preceding the flight number and operated by WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link by Pacific Coastal or a partner airline—and normally eligible for WestJet dollar accrual pursuant to the Reward Program Rules. EconoFlex, PremiumFlex, and BusinessFlex fares are not eligible for the Offer Bonus. Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, taxes, fees and charges and any portion of the base fare paid with WestJet dollars are not eligible for WestJet dollar accrual, nor for this Offer.
- With this Offer, the member will earn the Offer Bonus of 170% of their regular Tier Qualifying Spend accrued on WestJet-marketed flights flown during the Offer Period, which is calculated as 100% of the amount spent on eligible published base fares.
- Members will not receive Offer Bonus amounts on the purchase of WestJet Vacations packages, regardless of whether they are normally eligible for Tier Qualifying Spend.
- The Offer Bonus amount on WestJet-marketed flights flown will be calculated separately but included in the same transaction and added to the member’s total Tier Qualifying Spend. As an example, if a member books a Premium fare for travel between Toronto and Calgary during the Offer Period, where the base fare paid is $506 CAD and Tier Qualifying Spend is normally awarded at the rate of 100% of the base fare paid, they will receive $506 in Tier Qualifying Spend, plus the Offer Bonus of $860, for a total of $1,366 in Tier Qualifying Spend. Any other WestJet Rewards members on the booking will earn the normal amount of Tier Qualifying Spend as set out in the Rewards Program Rules. Non-WestJet Rewards members on the booking will not be eligible to earn Tier Qualifying Spend.
- WestJet requires up to 30 days after travel is completed for bonus Tier Qualifying Spend to be processed to the member’s account.
- As a result of this Offer, the total amount spent on published base fares to qualify or requalify for tier status for 2024 (or, if the member has already achieved status for 2024, to achieve a higher tier), will be less than the published spend amounts normally required.
- If, during the Offer Period, the member reaches the total Tier Qualifying Spend to achieve a higher tier ($3,000 for Silver, $5,000 for Gold, or $8,000 for Platinum), their account will be upgraded, and the benefits of that tier will be immediately available to them. They will retain these benefits for the remainder of the qualifying year ending December 31, 2023, and the entire next qualifying year ending December 31, 2024. To keep these benefits for a subsequent year, they will need to meet regular Tier Qualifying Spend requirements for Silver, Gold or Platinum tier status during the 2024 qualifying year, which commences on January 1, 2024.
- The bonus Tier Qualifying Spend accrued pursuant to this Offer counts towards obtaining tier status only; members will not receive any additional WestJet dollars, or any other incentives, as a result of this Offer.
- Milestone awards are excluded from this Offer. The ability for any member to receive milestone awards, such as companion vouchers, is directly correlated to a member's Milestone Qualifying Spend at any point in time and will not change as a result of this Offer. Milestone awards will be awarded pursuant to the normal Milestone Qualifying Spend amounts set out in the Reward Program Rules.
- The Offer Bonus accrued has no cash value and is subject to current Reward Program Rules.
- Offer is subject to change without notice.
- All other Reward Program Rules remain in effect. Capitalized terms used herein and not defined have the meaning given to them in the Reward Program Rules.
- For more information on WestJet Rewards, visit westjet.com/rewards.
- In order to take advantage of WestJet Rewards benefits, it is recommended that you review your communication consent and opt-ins to receive communications.