Transport Canada requires that all guests entering Canada from international destinations, 5 years of age and over, present before boarding:
- a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test result
- a positive COVID PCR test, taken between 14 and 90 days before scheduled departure.
The test will supplement, not replace, the requirements for health questionnaires, temperature checks and face masks.
To comply with this regulation, guests will be required to present a negative PCR or RT-LAMP test at check-in and Canada Customs, taken within 72 hours from their scheduled departure time. Please allow extra time to check in.
It is each guest’s responsibility to source and pay for their own valid PCR or RT-LAMP test.
Valid test results must include:
- Guest name and date of birth
- Address and name of the lab that administered the test
- Date and time the sample was taken
- The method of the test conducted (PCR or RT-LAMP)
- The test result
NOTE: A rapid antigen or antibody test will not be accepted. The test must be a molecular test such as a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test (this may be described as PCR, LAMP, RT-LAMP, NAA, NAAT).