This resort has beautiful grounds with a lot of lush vegetation and tall, mature trees. The pools are large, and there always seems to be a chair somewhere. The beach was very popular with everyone, however due to a recent storm had a significant amount of seaweed. The resort had people working dusk to dawn to get rid of it however, and after four days it was pretty much cleared up. We ate in the Japanese restaurant and the French restaurant although most meals were in the extensive buffet. Across the board the food was very good. The buffet offered a country themed service each night so there was lots of variety. Entertainment was good, with Karaoke drawing huge crowds and a beach party that was fabulous. The room we had overlooked the main pool and had the sun for half the day. It was very nice to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the nice weather. Bar service around the pools and on the beach was good. The beach had a couple of servers that would circulate regularly and you seldom had to wait.
We were told the resort was closing for renovations at the end of December as it was bought by the Hyatt chain. Hopefully they can refresh the buildings and make the resort what they want without destroying the lush grounds or the atmosphere of a tropical island.
2-3 stars at best
Jan 07, 2023
First off, I'd like to recognize that the service and employees at this resort were wonderful, friendly and helpful. Vacationed here in early January with my daughters and our room was so humid that our clothes were damp all the time. Our sheets were itchy and we had a ton of mosquitoes in our room. We checked in and our room didn't have soap, shampoo or even a box of tissues. When I asked for conditioner, I was told that it was a shampoo/conditioner combination when clearly the shampoo bottle was labeled with just with shampoo. It was watery and barely kept our hair clean.
The resort boasted 5 specialty restaurants, French, Italian, Mexican, Japanese and a Seafood restaurant. On any given night, only one specialty restaurant was open along with the buffet. We never got to try some of the restaurants because they were closed most of the time. The food was mediocre and there were not many options.
The activities were just about non-existent by the pool and there was one show in the evening, which was entertaining. The area for the beach was very narrow and small.
Definitely disappointing stay for a World of Hyatt resort. If we ever go back to DR, we definitely will look for 5 star hotels and above.
2-3 star hotel at best.damp rooms,terrible
Jan 06, 2023
2-3 star hotel,terrible rooms and food,do yourself a favour and do not book this hotel,it needs a complete renovation,the pictures are nothing like you will get when you arrive,there is also no cushions on any sunbeds,avoid this place.
Bad resort that prioritizes cutting costs at the vacationer’s expense
Jan 05, 2023
I’ll start with the Cons:
- The “VIP access” means they try to sell you a timeshare. That is all “vip access” gets you.
- There are no straws at all at the resort. I’m sick of this BS about pretending it’s for the environment. It’s only to save on the cost of straws. Other hotels at least give you paper straws. They didn’t even when you ask them for one.
- No late night food other than room service, which is bad and doesn’t come half the time you order.
- The “nightclub” is really bad. A big empty room because the music is sooo loud you can’t even think. And I usually go to nightclubs. This place just has terrible acoustics or something.
- They don’t even provide hair conditioner. You have to bring your own conditioner. They only provide shampoo. I’ve never encountered that.
- The bathroom door was broken, so there was no privacy when using toilet.
- Something unique here. The frozen drinks are never actually frozen. They’re served already half melted. It saved us calories cause we didn’t order any frozen drinks after first day. I’ve never encountered this before at other resorts in DR.
- As with most resorts, they did have some nice staff.
- The cleaning lady was very sweet and helpful.
- the place seemed safe and good for families (but see the cons before booking).
- Adequate chairs for the most part.
- The buffet food was good compared to some other resorts I’ve been at.
Loved it Perfect size resort!
Jan 04, 2023
Beautiful Our service was excellent The pools were perfect We were on the bottom floor which every morning talked with the employees Always friendly Brought fresh coconuts to our balcony The food was a 5 It was one of the nicest resorts we have went to and we have traveled lots The size of this resort was great as everything you needed was just a small walk Unfortunately the seaweed was to much but every day loads of workers tried their hardest to clean it up Enjoyed meeting the locals ! We had no complaints but was wondering y they we closing in Dec as we heard Sure it needs some touch ups but our air conditioner worked Hot water every day and the maid service was great No bracelets so no line ups Had dinner at the preferred side couple times with no problems Would go back in March if they r still open