The staff was very helpful and friendly. We got the preferred package and Evander was our concierge. He was great. Jose from the entertainment team was amazing and got my daughter out for fitness classes and dance lessons. She loved it! Housekeeping was top notch. They kept our room very clean. The food was good. We enjoyed the buffet especially. It was my daughter’s birthday and we received a lovely and delicious cake in our room. The bars are always close by and the bartenders were friendly. We mostly had bottled water and my daughter liked the frozen non-alcohol drinks very much. The Miami Vice with no alcohol was her favorite.
There were some issues and I hope the resort will work on them:
1. Our room never got lower than 23.5c except for about 5 minutes when they were working on it. It was also very humid in the room. This was miserable! Maintenance staff came to look at it three times and nothing helped. Since it was exactly 23.5c at 3am and 3pm, I feel this was a system override to save electricity. This would absolutely keep me from returning to this resort. It was too warm to sleep well. The room desperately needed a dehumidifier. Swim suits wouldn’t dry. Clothing felt damp. We took a DampRid but that wasn’t enough. After the third attempt at fixing it the offered another room but it was on the third floor. I didn’t want to climb stairs and we only had one night left so we didn’t move. The sent a fruit plate and a little dessert plate after that.
2. You can’t flush toilet paper. I expect better in a resort catering to Americans.
3. We struggled daily to get the activity schedule. It’s not available until morning and by the time we got it a lot of activities were over. However, multiple scheduled activities just didn’t happen. We would show up as would others and there would be no staff there or explanation. My daughter went to a Spanish lesson in the preferred area and no one was there. She asked in the preferred lounge and all she got was “He’s supposed to be out there.”
4. We couldn’t get wash cloths until day 3 after asking numerous times. We finally got two.
5. Despite being preferred we couldn’t get the promised snacks in our mini bar. Finally on day 3 we got 2 bags of Lays and 2 Milky Ways. We never got anything else. We would have rather had chips for a snack and skipped dressing for lunch but it wasn’t an option.
6. We struggled with the language barrier. When calling the front desk we had difficulty getting them to understand what we were saying. If there had been a real emergency I don’t feel confident that we could have been understood.
7. Our concierge had the last two days of our stay as his scheduled days off. Rather than having someone else cover, we were told to text him and he would still handle it. These employees deserve a day off and guests who have paid for concierge service deserve to have someone available on site. I didn’t feel comfortable texting him at home.
Overall, for the price we paid the value wasn’t bad for what we received. The lack of air conditioning was the only thing that would prevent me from returning.
Jul 02, 2022
Pros: Staff EMILIO (server) and ESTEFANI (hostess) were superior. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. A special shout out to ESTEFANI who ensured my mother who is health compromised was safe and comfortable. She is a treasure! Maid service-very good job keeping our rooms clean and well-ventilated and cool. Beds-comfortable. Refrigerator-well stocked with bottled water each day. Never got sick. Food- Had nice meals at French and Italian restaurants. Pools-multiple pools with swim up bar and very kid friendly with lots of activities and entertainment daily/nightly. Preferred adult pool hidden little gem for peace and quiet or water aerobics if you wanted to partake.
Cons: Washcloth shortage despite asking multiple times. No washcloths for the first two days and only received two for the entire trip and had three people in room. Resort is not handicap friendly. Mom was put on second floor. No elevators. We switched her on our own to stay with other family members who had a first floor room. Tried to tell gentleman assisting her to her room originally that she can’t stay there and manage the steps but nothing was done. Resort should have accommodated her. Multiple restaurants on second floor requiring steps. This was very difficult for mom. Resort can use some improvements and upgrades. Food-overall lacking compared to other all inclusives. Fruit was not sweet at all. Beach-water is not blue and has seaweed. Generously tipped the boy raking seaweed. An unending difficult job. Vendors hocking goods and services. Approached very frequently. Easy to politely say no. They weren’t difficult but it was constant. Grounds-pretty but Dreams Tulum was immaculate in comparison.
Jul 02, 2022
My friends and I went on this trip to celebrate our graduation and we had a great time. I first want to thank a member of the entertainment team "wow" (yes that is his name) for making our experience so great! He was always there to inform us what entertainment was happening when, making us feel welcomed, getting us involved in activities, being a great freind, and assisting us whenever needed.
The restaurants were all wonderful with many food options. The buffet also had lots of food options that changed slighly day by day. The rooms were kept clean consistently by the maids which was very nice. The pools were also kept clean with swim up bars. All the staff were very friendly and always eager to help.
The beach had lots of seaweed although the workers there tried to clean it, it was an almost impossible task. The ocean was really dirty although my friends and i made the most of it.
All in all, i would recommend this resort for a wuick get away. My friends and i had a ton of fun and definitely made some lasting memories.
Great Resort and Staff!
Jul 01, 2022
For my first time at an all-inclusive resort, Dreams was an amazing experience! I went with my 3 friends to celebrate us all finishing our undergraduate degrees, and the atmosphere at the resort was perfect in letting us relax and have a good time!
We had a few issues with our room when we got there (phone, fridge, safety box not working) but the maintenance staff was quick to repair or fix any issues we had. The rooms were well ventilated and very spacious, and the maids kept everything clean and neat each day. One issue we noticed was that there was not enough towels for us each day, but it was me and a friend both taking showers every day so we needed more than usual.
The food was also good, better than expected for sure! The buffet was a good go-to for breakfast and lunch and it had lots of variety in terms of cuisines and food options for my friends that couldn't eat meat. They also changed up the options slightly each day so there was always something new to try! Dreams also has 4 restaurants which we tried on different nights for dinner (Hibachi, Italian, Mexican, and French), and all were very good and looked very nice. The best restaurants in my opinion were the Hibachi and French options, but all were good. Bar service was also great, they were all very friendly and paid attention to each person waiting even when the bars were crowded. They were also very good at making non-alcoholic options for my friends that don't drink.
The entertainment was also awesome, probably the best part of the trip!! One of the guys on the entertainment team named Wow really lived up to his name! He chatted with us everyday and made us feel so welcome, and he always had a great positive attitude and encouraged us to join in on the resort's activities and events. We owe our great time to his kindness and friendliness, he really made us feel comfortable for our first time travelling without family.
Finally, the pools were amazing! lots of sitting space in both shade and sun, and they were all kept very clean all day long. There were swimming areas designated to more family-friendly crowds, and a pool for older crowds with a bar in the water. None of the pools went any deeper than my shoulders while standing, so definitely better for lounging or casual swimming than any diving. The beaches has a lot of seaweed that made it a little gross to swim in, but the staff did a good job at trying to clean the beach as much as they could. My friends and I all brought water shoes and the beach experience was much better than if we had went without, so I highly recommend bringing them for the beaches and any excursions!
Overall, I highly recommend staying at Dreams Palm Beach, we had an amazing time and I think anyone looking for a great all-inclusive resort would not be disappointed!
Dreams palm Beach was a dream
Jul 01, 2022
The resort stay was incredible. The rooms were just as pictured and the service was a 5 ?? star. My kids joined
the explores club with Ingrid and Estefany. They kept them entertained all the time. They had a camping experience and roasted marshmallows, the had a movie night with popcorn and all, they even decorated donuts. All that while mom and dad took advantage of the pools and beach. We loved it and will be returning in December. All the staff made us feel so at home and welcomed.